Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Forties pipeline closure

Forties pipeline closure

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Forties pipeline closure

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andy Birchall
    Participant

What effects are the shutting down of Grangemouth and the Forties pipeline having on offshore ROV work? I would presume some work is at least getting delayed. Are a lot of guys getting sent back to the beach until it’s all up an running again?

Pascobalbodeano
    Participant

I know of at least one of my friends is stuck offshore until at least Wednesday at the moment intil they get his platform restarted.

Heres hoping they don’t try this too often.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Shouldn’t make any difference to ROV work.

Of course every terrorist in the world now knows that if they go out and find the Forties pipeline they can cut off 25% of the oil supply in one boom!

The strikers have sympathy from the public just now. If they were to do this again, however, it would be a different story.

Pascobalbodeano
    Participant

Too true, I believe it was probably not the best thought through thing in the world. But it is my personel belief only.

You never know there might be the odd valve that might stick or something exciting requiring Intervention to keep the rovs busy over the summer, won’t help the oil price, but then the dollar rate isn’t helping that either at the moment.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Oh I can imagine what will happen. They will close the flow down for a while and when they start it back up it will be blocked with hydrates or such like and need to be pigged/cleaned delaying the startup even more.

Luckily our petrol comes up to my part of the world via tanker ship 😀 No shortages here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar