Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Found a job in ROV

Found a job in ROV

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Found a job in ROV

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    power
    Participant

Found a job in ROV

Hi everybody,

I started work in ROV industry about 1 year ago. When I completed my training early last year the instructors said :

"It will not be a problem to find a job …It’s easy, as there are plenty of positions available."

It’s true, there is plenty of work at the moment, but the problem is (when starting out) if you don’t have previous ROV experience it’s practically impossible to secure work.

Good luck to all new pilots in ROV, and thanks to all the senior PT’s who have been helping the new guys n gals.

face21
    Participant

hii there…

how did u start with your 1st job…I mean manage to get one coz I’ve been searching almost a year now…any advise.

rigwash
    Participant

you have to take chances!

fly to countries where the companies have offices and present yourself …regularly!!!!! it shows initiative and perserverance.
    plus,..If your on the door step and they get a call out job you might just luck out? tell them you want workshop experience or are available at short notice for mobs demobs etc, keep dropping by and calling up

try smaller and hence maybe dodgey companies. (scour this site and others for past posts and addresses)maybe you’ll have trouble getting your pay but you’ll have the first job in the resume but you probably will get paid and also get to meet a supervisor who you might impress if you try hard. He might recommend you to another company where he also works ???

do not just sit back, posting resumes out and making phone calls,…everybody does that. you have to find ways to go further to get a step ahead of all your competition of which there are hordes.

other than that of course luck is involved but don’t give up, keep pushing hard, don’t take no for an answer.

good luck

face21
    Participant

thanks for the advise rigwash

fyi in my place there is no rov comp and yet i have to fly to such as s’pore coz there’s a lot of rov comp.

to be honest,right now I am financialy tight. I can’t affort flying every now and then just to knock on the rov comp.

Right now I’m willing to work either in w/shop or offshore.which ever comes first.

However thanks again.

hermawan
    Participant

so do i, i already jobless for 1 years, most of the company i apply sad no vacation for trainee..

fyi i already sent about 50 company around the world, and when i finish rov course in singapore, try to walk in office such as fugro, subsea7, oceannering. most of them closed to me.

that what i am now.

deepseacon
    Participant

hermawan

Try Oceaneering again they are taking guys on at this time and opening a new training school in Batam.

Although i do know they are recruiting Indians I am sure they need some Indonesian Crew for the work there and other projects in Asia.

I was around the area a few weeks ago in Batam.
    All there systems i was told are out or waiting in Singapore to go on contracts.

JL Schnabel
    Participant

Well said of rigwash, even workshop experience is valuable – that will put you in direct contact with industry and every day there is the chance for something new; don’t be shy to sweep, sort out bolts ‘n nuts, tidy up etc… look busy / keep busy; be interested and try to keep out of the way.

And yes, keep on trying Oceaneering!
    😉

hermawan
    Participant

thanks for your helping me guy’s.. but i already got reply like this from oceaneering

Dear Hermawan Hari Wibowo Hari Wibowo,

Further to your application for the position as ROV Pilot/Tekniker Trainee we regret to inform you that we will not be progressing your application further for this position.

Thank you for your interest in Oceaneering

We wish you the best of luck as you venture up in your professional career.

Best regards
    Mette Bastiansen
    Oceaneering

i have got those email on … Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:02:49 PM

do i still need to email again, cause i already about several times with different email contact address.

deepseacon
    Participant

Hermawan

I am not sure that reply is from Singapore or Batam?

Try this Number Phone (62 778) 413007.

You may get an Indonesian answer the Phone so may be easier to communicate as for e-mail address for Recruitment Batam.

hermawan
    Participant

thanks deepseacon for informing about oceaneering, juat little bit correction about the phone number 0778-393246, this number is batam island.

today i get answer from oceaneering and follow the test, what iam surprised is my score is 64 and 40 … i thinks they will reject me cause of those test,
    😥

anyway thanks for someone who help until now.

[ i will search another rov company ] 🙁 god will help me..
    amien

gr8
    Participant

hermawan, how did you follow that test? Was it an online test?
    I received answer from Oceaneering, where they told me, that they have full trainees at the moment and probably in September will be looking for new guys, but only for Norwegian, to work on platforms and boats, where everyone speaks Norwegian.

hermawan
    Participant

yes i do it thru online-test, and it so diffcult to me to answer some question, regarding the hydrolics, before i follow the test it’s already warn that the test need quick, answer..

as you know i am just new for rov, i do not know much about hydrolic. my basic is electronic and computer.

this info just sharing. i know i stupid.. 😳

Octane_nor
    Participant

theres no use trying to apply for trainee job at oceaneering norway, they only hire norwegian trainees

ejump
    Participant

hi there

May i know which rov comp do u work …coz i still hunting fro a rov pilot ..i’v completed my rov pilot technician last year 2008 september until now still hunting for a job

Jefri Yusneidi
    Participant

hermawan

Try Oceaneering again they are taking guys on at this time and opening a new training school in Batam.

Although i do know they are recruiting Indians I am sure they need some Indonesian Crew for the work there and other projects in Asia.

I was around the area a few weeks ago in Batam.
    All there systems i was told are out or waiting in Singapore to go on contracts.

Hello Deepseacon,

Nice info 🙂 deepseacon, As you know I really interested to apply for ROV Pilot and It means that you had attended the training in Batam, doesn’t it ?. Please let me know when Exactly the recruiting moment will be done ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar