Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Fugro purchase Rovtech

Fugro purchase Rovtech

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Fugro purchase Rovtech

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Ray Shields
    Participant

A follow on from the postings on the now lost forum, there was a thread about Fugro being in talks with Rotech to purchase them. Someone at the time had said they herad it would be a done deal by Christmas.

Unfortunately the forum had crashed before I could post a message to say it would be a matter of 2 – 3 weeks not months.

As it is, during our small break in service, the announcement has been made that the purchase has gone ahead. Plans to Fugro-ise Rovtech Im sure will now be underway 🙂

At present, they will be renamed Fugro-Rovtech. There almost certainly will not be redundancies, certainly not on the offshore side.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

They are getting pretty big aren’t they ! 😯
    It’s usually the time for little companies to spawn and take a piece of the action !
    Ring any bells !
    Andrew Beverage Per chance 😯

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

I think the plan is for the Rovtech to move everything into the Fugro offices early in 2007. Things for Rovtech-Fugro / Fugro-Rovtech will run from there.

There are no planned redundancies, as I know it, to either office or offshore staff.

Anonymous

i wonder what andrews new company will be called when it pops out of the blue?

hmbeasy? subsworksomtimes? roughtechs?

seaeye will be looking forward to the order for rovs if they dont have it already 8)

” There are no planned redundancies, as I know it, to either office or offshore staff. ”

aye, and i am a chinaman!!! office staff get your cvs up to date!!!

Ray Shields
    Participant

I’m fairly sure there will be no redundancies – Fugro Rovtech are going to be the ROV side of Fugro Survey, Rovtech do not have that many onshore staff. Absolutely definately thatre will be no offshore redundancies – who can afford people to leave right now – and there are not enough onshore at Rovtech to justify any redundancies.

Fugro Rovtech are already advertising for all levels of offshore staff.

Mr Bev. is remaining with Fugro Rovtech (for the moment at least).

I cant see any orders to Seaeye at the monent till we at least sort out what we have. I believe Rovtech had contracts in place with PSL for upgrades of their Spartans.

luckyjim37
    Participant

So Ray will you have to put some more weight on. I heard if they cut you in half it says FUGRO now it will have to read Fugro Rovtech.

Ray Shields
    Participant

No worries there Jim, the waist is getting bigger anyway!

Away down for a few days to MRV5 spudding in, its still on the Hunter but off Mauritania now.

luckyjim37
    Participant

So is ther going to be another round of pay harmonization at Fugro ❓ ?

Anonymous

up the way of course………. hows tricks lost one???

truered
    Participant

luckyjim

all jobs are safe, must be true its from the upper management

Ray Shields
    Participant

Yes, all jobs are safe, and Yes there will be another contract harmonization.

Which is good news for the Rovtech boys as it means all their pay will go up!

Anonymous

Ray you are proof that offshore it is not what you know but who you B**W

Anonymous

I remember you walking ibnto the workshop where 4 pt1’s were waiting to hear thier fate when Fugro were paying off and you walked in having been asked to help assess who should go and said to the guys whilst laughing I am here to sack people, remember that

dprover
    Participant

Hi Kev,

It is you isn’t it? I thought so. Yes, I remember that incident you mentioned.

dprover.

truered
    Participant

ray is on leave at the minute so don’t expect an immediate reply.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar