Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Fugro – Rovtech pay rates?

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    edge
    Participant

hello ray
    It appears that you really are a donkey ❓ , Ten grand pay rise my arse.

are you on a fugro recruitment drive or just after a management job or are you already in it.

before you reply with the three L`s I`ve already chosen the later of the three.

Cheers try telling the truth to people???

rover37
    Participant

Edge,
    I know who Ray spoke to he told me the same thing.
    Another Ex rovtech Supervisor gave a similar figure.
    Its not ray or myself who are lying, I also believe the guys as well.
    There are a lot of components in the new contracts that add up.
    Check your facts before accusing people of lying!!

TheProphet
    Participant

I agree with Edge, no company is going to chuck those kind of pay rises at people.
    With all the Rovtech people rough guest 50/60 people if they chuck an average of 5K at them thats quarter of a million,no company is going to throw that kind of money at new employees.
    I think you may find that there are a lot of people telling a few porky pies on this one. 😆

Ray Shields
    Participant

no company is going to chuck those kind of pay rises at people.
    With all the Rovtech people rough guest 50/60 people if they chuck an average of 5K at them thats quarter of a million,no company is going to throw that kind of money at new employees.
    I think you may find that there are a lot of people telling a few porky pies on this one. 😆

Would you care to quote what grade and pay you were on prior to the raise, and the grade and pay after?

Just looking at Superintendent 1 alone (or Vessel Superintendent as Rovtech called them), their offshore rate was £140 a day, it has now gone up to £170, for 170 days work that alone is a £5,100 payrise. And thats not taking into account any salary increase.

Your assumption appears to be "no company is going to chuck those sort of payrises at people", so it cant be true, rather than finding out the facts? They are not new employees, they are existing employees, everyone still has continuity of service. And as far as I am aware it DID take a huge chunk of money to pay for this.

You’ve chosen your L, good for you. Everyone else can choose theirs as well given the offer they have received as opposed to supposition, rumour or pirkie pies on this board.

TheProphet
    Participant

Mr Fugro, i don’t care to discuss my rate before or now. 8)
    I made my decision and L as you call it 😀
    The truth is out there 😆

Dayratersarepoo
    Participant

I agree with Edge, no company is going to chuck those kind of pay rises at people.

Well I aint a Genius But after reading my revised pay scale im going to be £9877 a year better off , so yea i guess your correct with your 10 grand figure. but i aint going to be splitting hairs over £123.

The only thing that needs to be sorted out for us now its to start vetting the dayraters , as in the last 8 months alone i aint come across one that can be left alone for more than 3 mins. Most of them would be hard pushed to tackle a task as simple as eating a meal without spilling . That said its not the (DRS) fault its the agencys for sending them as competent people when they quite clearly need 24hr supervision . BLESS THEM.

Ray Shields
    Participant

hello ray

are you on a fugro recruitment drive or just after a management job or are you already in it.

So who is the donkey now and who is telling the truth?

waynemb17
    Participant

hello ray

Edge are you new or an old hand ? it seems people don’t like to use any thing near to there real name so it is hard to guess who is on the site and adding gripes.!! I know for back dated pay i recieved just over 300 pounds, Jan 1st to present, My salary as a sub eng 1 had only improved by approximatelly 2500 pounds per year. My day rate would have gone up approximatelly 40 pounds per day.
    How ever i have left and am even better off so like Ray has said the 3′ l’s but don’t worry the future is as bright as the orange overalls.

edge
    Participant

no Gripe ! just fact not fiction 😯

edge
    Participant

ho donkey( Mr Fugro )
    campare like for like????
    No eight months of summer bonus last year then???
    can`t have it both ways.
    😆

NO gripe as I`ve left for pastures new !!!!

Dayratersarepoo
    Participant

ho donkey( Mr Fugro )
    campare like for like????
    No eight months of summer bonus last year then???
    can`t have it both ways.
    😆

NO gripe as I`ve left for pastures new !!!!

Paul Bond
    Participant

So now, people have received their new pay scales at F-R, does that mean that the most long winded thread in Rovworld history is going to close? 😆
    Good luck to all on the new rates – I’m on a S7 vessel at the mo and they reckon their pay review / rise is imminent.

Good news for us day raters too – yes i can be left alone supervised – i’m a supervisor – our rates should rise as well.

Keep smiling all. 😀

JB2
    Participant

Still cant work out yours and other people’s thought process on this one. You can really only discuss it on an anual salary stand point of which the only great quantity of people doing that are S club 7 so you want to go to http://www.OilBeefHooked.co.uk to see some professional whingeing and seriuos concerns rolled in one. If you take an arbitry figure of say 183 days(tax)

£250 p/d = £45750 p/a gross P/Tech
    £350 p/d = £64050 p/a gross Sup

So any variation on your day rate equates to real money not dental/Med etc. If you dont pay tax then its a straight money issue which is why so many ex pats or vessel techs only work to day rate and not salary or risk it with the Tax man. Thats not an option with S club as they appear to have tax aggreements with just about every country going. So dont hold your breath about us all standing together as one it simply wont happen and would have no bearing on day raters of which I guess the world wide ratio would be 80%/20% split with agency included. There is nothing that S club or F-R are offering that would persuade me to go salary with them so I wonder why do some guys stay when by moving they can significantly up thier money instantly??
    Oh by the way Im an RMT member purely for the legal backup as opposed to none when the shit hits the fan and I may be caught up in something unpleasant and just maybe they would help who knows. 17 years in company/agency/direct dont care anymore just chase the money and do the best job every single time to keep that pay option open next time, easy eh!

luckyjim37
    Participant

Now that F-R have finished sorting out the pay levels are they still recruiting. The girl in HR with a name that sounds a bit like oral was supposed to be getting in touch in April and never did.

The old argument about day rate versus salary will continue even longer than this thread. It has to be a personal choice between a minimum amount of money per month for stability in the salary case or money grabbing as much as you can when you can in the case of day rate. I think there are good and bad points for both but obviously the people who have left this great nation to live abroad but still feel a need to take jobs off British companies hence stealing the jobs of the good tax paying public of this great and mighty nation would benefit from day rate.

One thing I have noticed though is the ever widening gaps in day rates being offered in the last two weeks I have been offered everything from £250 a day up to £340 (not in africa) at Sub-Engineer level the industry is going mad.

And for those who know me "Sub" stands for substandard in my case 🙂

Ray Shields
    Participant

Now that F-R have finished sorting out the pay levels are they still recruiting. The girl in HR with a name that sounds a bit like oral was supposed to be getting in touch in April and never did.

And for those who know me "Sub" stands for substandard in my case 🙂

Aurelie (pronounced Orly as in the paris airport). Yes, they still are (as always), give them a phone, they’re snowed under with paperwork, probably your no. 291 on her list of things to do 🙂

I thought you were starting after you’d completed your tax year?

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar