Fugro-Rovtech

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Ray Shields
    Participant

Following the purchase of Rovtech, Fugro will be moving their subsea business unit from Fugro Survey to the new company Fugro-Rovtech.

Management are also moving about, with Jim Sommerville the MD of Fugro-Rovtech and Andrew Beveridge being in charge of Business Development & Deputy MD.

Fugro-Rovtech will concentrate in all aspects of ROV operations, drill support work and subsea tooling while Fugro Survey concentrates on the geophysical, geotechnical and postioning.

So, all the ROVvers working for Fugro Survey will change to be working for Fugro-Rovtech. There are no redundancies expected from any of the companies involved.

The new office block currently being refurbished across the road from Fugros location on Denmore Road will become home for Fugro-Rovtech. Expected to be Jan 2007.

I think this still makes Fugro the no.3 ROV company in the world, but they are catching up with Oceaneering and SS7! Wonder who will be bought next?

rovnumpty
    Participant

No 3?!

Come on Ray.

what about technip, or Acergy/stolt or even sonsub?

Think fugro’s got a long way to go before laying claim to that title.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Maybe your right 🙂

Does anyone have figures of how many ROVs each of the different companies have?

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

ROVTECH:
    7 x Spartans, 3 X Panther Plus’s, 2 x Seaeye Panthers, 2 x Seaeye 600’s and 7 x Superseakers, 13 Seaeye eyeball/workball ROVs and 2 Olympian Trenching systems. (This information is on the website of ROVTECH).

The latest press release says that ROVTECH operates some 34 ROV’s and FUGRO about 100 ROV’s.

blackrat
    Participant

rovtech got out of the trenching game, selling T1 to canyon & converting the original olympian 1 from trenching configuration back to WROV.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Do they all work though ?

Anonymous

do they have anybody to fix and fly?

Philip Pedlow
    Participant

Anybody know what happened to Mike Arnold of Rovtech, is he still there licking AB’s boots or did he move on. ( sorry Mike….only joking…hehe).

misiuek
    Participant

click on this link!

http://www.hallin.com.sg/INVESTOR/INVESTOR.HTM

all will be revealed! mr mike (honest no hair dye) arnold….

oops then you have to click on Directors biographies on the left then scroll down

Philip Pedlow
    Participant

Clicked on the link. No picture. Not to worry, guess hes doin good then.

Later

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

Try this link…

http://miranda.hemscott.com/ir/hms/html/director_bios.htm

Mike will be the thrid from the bottom of the page (easier to work from the bottom up!)

Gina

Philip Pedlow
    Participant

If it was that easy to work from the bottom up (which I have done since 1998 then It would’nt need explaining.) Thankyou you for the correct link. Yes its the same guy who I built 8 Super seaker control systems for.

Many thx

piedpiper
    Participant

Anybody know what happened to Mike Arnold of Rovtech, is he still there licking AB’s boots or did he move on. ( sorry Mike….only joking…hehe).

are you joking filo ?
    As i remember, he always had a brown tongue.

peid piper

Fumble
    Participant

Never thought I would register to add a reply, I just read in the background. But finally I have someone I can blame for the countless (3 total – I`m a workclass boy you know) superseaker jobs I get nobbled for….. Filo!!! what were you thinking….. the endless chatter of those relays drives me insane…

Philip Pedlow
    Participant

No i’m not joking and my appologies for running off my gob last night…..a little to much scotch I should imagine.

Yes I built all 8 consoles for Mike and Andrew. Those who used them will know who I am. Yes….haha….they were bloody noisy were’nt they…..but they were bullit proof. After the Debacle with the DOE consoles going up in flames every 5 minutes they wanted something easily fixable and very reliable. I offered them a real nice soild state solution but they wouldnt pay for it so you got the cheap and chearful version. I needed the work so I built them. (new company and all….). I think back to those days and wonder if I could done it better…but alas no.

So, to answer your question…..What Was I Thinking…….

Give The Client What They Want.

My appologies to anyone who had to work with them…(hehe)…are they still in use. I know they were for about 5 years. They made a shit load of money off those systems. You would cry if I told you how much I charged for them.

Later dudes
    Gotta go nurse my hangover
    Anyone know what paracetemol is in Mandarin?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar