Home Forums General General Board Fugro Sealion 3000

Fugro Sealion 3000

Home Forums General General Board Fugro Sealion 3000

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    mybike
    Participant

Folks
    Any observations about this type system?
    Has anyone had dealings with FCV3000?

Lets make this worse, what is Fugro-ROVtech like to work for?

Ray Shields
    Participant

Its not called a Fugro Sealion 3000, its a Fugro Core Vehicle 3000.

There is only one in operation at the moment, down in Brazil. The first vehicle in the UK has been in the Aberdeen base being put together and matched up with a new very nice looking Slingsby TMS. It arrives in Fort William to carry out trials this Monday. Its first "real" job starts at the beginning of Jan when it heads for Norway to mobilise for a job in W Africa.

The vehicle itself looks very colour co-ordinated. The console has two sets of matching consoles, has touch screen controls. The LARS is, err, BIG!

What is it you are making worse by asking about FROV in the same thread?

Horris
    Participant

Update to your response Raymondo.
    FCV3012 (the second built system) has now been down to 3000msw depth on trials in Brazil and had no problems.
    The LARS is a 11 Te SWL @ 3,000msw so yes it is pretty BIG !!

ps. Good luck with trials in Fort William 😯

mybike
    Participant

Cheers
    I stand corrected. I should have said Sealion 3000, which is a different beast.
    Has anyone worked on this type of system?.

I read a few forum strings about the different companies and how they stack up against each other. Fugro Rov tech has received a few negative comments, is all.

I fiddle around with a former STOLT core vehice, 3000m and Tekmar LARS at 15t SWL, a beast in its own right.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Ah sorry, Sealion 3000? Do you mean the G3 or G4? Thought you meant FCV which is the new one.

The G3 was recently working back on the Prestige tanker job inspecting it to see if oil is still leaking. Its heading for a rig off Egypt just now.

mybike
    Participant

Ahhh
    So that would be the Pride of North America, for BP, replacing Oceaneering SCV23
    I know nothing about the type, Sealion G3.
    Are they a beast to work on, or a good practical design?

ionicwings
    Participant

Seen it earlier down the pier. Looks rather impressive. 😀

Black Dog
    Participant

ROV

ionicwings
    Participant

Seen it earlier down the pier. Looks rather impressive. 😀

I’ve been down the pier where I live. I’ve spotted a few impressive Tethered Underwater Remote Devices! 😆 🙄 😉

awww 😆

Savante
    Participant

interesting to see the city of bristol lending it’s name to something other than an oversized, never-used skimmer!

lapua
    Participant

Ahhh
    So that would be the Pride of North America, for BP, replacing Oceaneering SCV23

Fugro UK are rebuilding their G3,the G3 is a powerfull sub though the new build will be a much better rov

Ray Shields
    Participant

Ahhh

Fugro UK are rebuilding their G3,the G3 is a powerfull sub though the new build will be a much better rov

Are we?? All we did was repair the buoyancy and a few other bits after its last job as far as I know. Are you sure you are not confusing it with the new FCV? Its on its way to Egypt to mob. SL37 is also on its way down there to the Lexington.

lapua
    Participant

Ahhh

Are we?? All we did was repair the buoyancy and a few other bits after its last job as far as I know. Are you sure you are not confusing it with the new FCV? Its on its way to Egypt to mob. SL37 is also on its way down there to the Lexington.

well that is what Keith love fugro norway said matey

Balloo
    Participant

G3………….powerfull beastie – yes thanks to the bomb proof sub atlantic thrusters. Vehicle itself pretty reliable with the odd software glitch. Problems with HP filter bowl block, hence the tendency to loose oil through it leaking. Usuall problems with slinsby over engineering and the main comp/res not behaving……but ditch that on rebuild and away you go. Apart from that………..can do a lot and reasonable on the additional sensor front with nexus bottle and survey JB.
    Is it being upgraded to new FCV??

Ray Shields
    Participant

Slingsby over engineering? G3 was built by Singapore – same people that made Sealions. They have ex Slingsby guys so some of the ideas were copied Im sure.

G3 was in Aberdeen workshop last month, had maintenance and repaired buoyancy but no upgrades that i was aware of. Never worked with it but it does look good. Definately agree Sub Atlantic thrusters are good (they have them onnew FCV as well).

No, its not getting converted to an FCV, all the FCVs are being built new in Singapore. Brazil has just taken posession of its second one and the Aberdeen one is at Fort William doing trials.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar