Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Fugro to use Fort William for all training

Fugro to use Fort William for all training

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Fugro to use Fort William for all training

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    J Deans
    Participant

I hear from a passing seagull that Fugro are to start using Fort William for all of its ROV training, for both Aberdeen as well as other of their companies in Brazil, Middle East etc.

After years of telling people at interviews the course isn’t worth it – suddenly now it is!

So when will Fort William be getting a workclass, tooling, hydraulics, fiber optics etc. From speaking to people who have done this vastly priced course, none of that is covered by them.

What happened to doing their own training?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

They ran out of money 😀

J Deans
    Participant

They ran out of money 😀

Cant be that, Fort William costs a lot of money. Got to be costing them £3-5k a head, even with discounts. Even if it was as low as £2k, thats still a LOT more expensive than doing it yourself.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Due to Fort Williams financial problems over the years Fugro’s taste in buying companies for breakfast I would not be at all surprised if Fugro have bought in to Fort William !
    Good rumour 😀 who said that 😮

melvodon
    Participant

Well Oceaneering was going to buy them out before they set up the training school ,but realized it was not agood idea and spent the money on the traing school.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Could you say that again please 😕

Sarcy
    Participant

course still not worth it but there is the problem of proving competency and having a certificate saying you have attended a course of some sort seems to be the way to satisfy some clients.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar