Home Forums General General Board GDMF Seaman’s Book

GDMF Seaman’s Book

Home Forums General General Board GDMF Seaman’s Book

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Andy Matthews
    Participant

Sorry if I’m jumping in here at such a late date, can’t find anything new on this.

I need to get a seaman’s book for work in Qatar. I’m in the Philippines and intend to go to the embassy. I cannot find the application form anywhere, any clues? 🙁

deepseacon
    Participant

Panama Embassy , Philippines

10 th floor Marc 2000 Tower, 1973 Taft corner pres. Quirino Avenue, Malate
    Manila
    Philippines
    Phone:
    +632-521-2790
    +632-521-1233
    Fax:
    +632-521-5755
    Email:
    panaembassy@eastern.com.ph

They will give you a 3 months Cert first and then the book after
    i forget how long before they issue the book as i got a UK one not long after processing this one myself here.

Cost 125 US in 2006

If you are familar with area it is the building West of Quirino Ave LRT station in Malate.

Andy Matthews
    Participant

Panama Embassy , Philippines

10 th floor Marc 2000 Tower, 1973 Taft corner pres. Quirino Avenue, Malate
    Manila
    Philippines
    Phone:
    +632-521-2790
    +632-521-1233
    Fax:
    +632-521-5755
    Email:
    panaembassy@eastern.com.ph

They will give you a 3 months Cert first and then the book after
    i forget how long before they issue the book as i got a UK one not long after processing this one myself here.

Cost 125 US in 2006

If you are familar with area it is the building West of Quirino Ave LRT station in Malate.

They’ve moved to: 11th Floor, National Life Insurance Bldg
    in Makati.

My question is what exactly do I need? I’ve read all I can find on the net which is a bit vague unless you are a seaman!

I have an expired book (about 10 years) a recent medical, UKOOA and am getting a letter from the company. So can I walk in with this and they’ll issue the temp (CI) and send the book later? I read where the application itself must be given at the embassy. All help greatly appreciated! ❓

The embassy there also has a new phone number, I spent over an hour trying to find and finally emailed them. Some guy mailed me back with the standard crap so I’m still a bit in the dark as to what happens when I go there in the morning.

I’m in Angeles and hate fucking driving in Manila! I need that damn book though, job should be good.

deepseacon
    Participant

To be honest it will depend who is in the office when you make the application i would take all your Certs you can show Survival & Medical and Education Docs Loads of photos and your passports etc.

My Neighbour here was from Panama at the time and was working in one of there Office’s here they have a few places in Manila.

I was taken into another office and Some women Diplomat official processed the application.

My application was processed for Marine Technician.

Good Luck.

Good Jobs in Qatar i hear is working for Maersk?

Andy Matthews
    Participant

Thanks for your input, having a last beer then off to my bed. I’ll fill ya in tomorrow on the results. I have a letter from the company, etc. etc. so on my way early.

We have a damn cyclone coming this way, hope Edsna ain’t flooded! Be a shame to have to hang out with the guys there in Manila. 😀

Andy Matthews
    Participant

Dude, went to Manila yesterday, I live in Angeles, it took me 4 hours to get to Makati! The weather was horrific, traffic like I have never seen in 5+ years here.

After finding the consulate spent about 5 minutes with a lady named Linda who threw out the gash, stapled everything I needed together then gave me a specific Panamanian medical form. I took the the medical form to American hospital where I get my UKOOA done. The doctor was out to lunch so went myself, came back and within 10 minutes had the medical form signed and sealed.

Struggled through the traffic back to the consulate, gave all the paper work back to Linda, paid $125, she went off to photo copy everything. Came back in about 10 minutes and told me to pick the CT up, the 3 month temporary seaman’s book, today.

My sister in law was over last night asking my wife if she wanted to go to Manila today shopping. Brain in gear! Honey, if you guys are going to Manila you can pick up my seaman’s book? Ok honey but it’ll cost you lunch for us. No problem, what $10 maybe at the high end, no contest.

A painless experience except for the traffic thanks to weather. All in all I spent 11 hours in the car about 25 minutes in the two offices.

If anyone is in need of a seaman’s book and you’re in SEA, can’t get it elsewhere, I highly recommend Manila. Plus you can hang in LA Cafe or many other places with some fine available babes. Me, I’m married so don’t really know about those things 😀

By the way for the cover letter I used non watch keeping technician for rating.

deepseacon
    Participant

4 hours not bad for 85 kilo meters in a typhoon.

Enjoy Qatar.

rovrave
    Participant

matt-jam
    who are you going out with in qatar? fugro?

best of luck

Andy Matthews
    Participant

New project, probably sit my ass in the office in Abu Dhabi for a month while things get worked out. The panic was getting a seaman’s book for entry into Qatar.

Haven’t been there in some time, apparently they’re more anal than in the past.

You know PI? Check out; http://www.angeles2.com. Good laugh and info.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar