Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner getting into the rov industry

getting into the rov industry

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner getting into the rov industry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gregory
    Participant

Hi all

Just needing some advice about getting my foot in the door for getting into the rov industry?

Basically I’m a joiner by trade and looking for a career change and i’m away back to college to do a national certificate in electronic engineering and then hopefully my hnc in measurement and instrumentation engineering or a hnc in electronic engineering and was wandering if there the right route to take.

Was also considering trying to get a part time job that linked in with the subject of the courses for some hands on experience and was wandering if anyone knows any oil and gas companies which would have vacancies like that?

Cheers 🙂

Ray Shields
    Participant

Given that you will be up against thousands of other people all trying to get into the industry, a lot of who already have a history of work of a technical nature, even with a couple of qualifications, I would say your chances are very slim.

May I also suggest you read through the messages in the Rookie section, as well as the FAQ page (link over on the left side) as this question has been asked (and answered) many many times in the past.

deepseacon
    Participant

As your a Joiner / Chippy why not speak with some Sparkies or Buliders who employ both do some Chippy work and Some Electrical Labouring ie Electricians mate.

If you get you CSCS card for electrical labourer then can work in than route gaining experence while studying and also could study to be a sparkie at the same time gaining also valueable experence.

Domestic work possible be eastest way first. geting your part P and other certs.

Get some hands on Sparkie work experence do your Electricians course’s at the same time.

All this work and study could be taken as you required not affecting your normal study due to the level of studies just needs a small amount of funds.
    This would be a very good step in the right direction for an ROV career in a few years with the right background all ready prepared for when you have a piece of paper which says HNC you would have Electrical hands on experence it would also maybe help in your studies as cross information.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar