Home Forums General General Board Gold Dredge ROV Unit

Gold Dredge ROV Unit

Home Forums General General Board Gold Dredge ROV Unit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael James
    Participant

I am heading to Nome Alaska this season for the dredging season. Hoping someone here can point me to a manufacturer of ROV Crawling dredging systems. I have spent hours googling trying to find the aforementioned.

Also if there is someone who could design a unit or work with me to develop one, we have mid-may to get it done. Of course this would be a paid endeavor.

That links page that has a banner on the splash page here is dead. The guy shut down the site. That is a shame you can’t put it on a page here, real simple to do.

Thanks
    Michael "Buck" James

img_09321_111.jpg
    img_09321_111.jpg

Spacer
    Participant

Interesting. I would think some type of tracked crawler would work.

GraemeRSU
    Participant

This company does an ROV crawling dredging system

http://scanmudring.no/article/scancrawler/scancrawler

robert king
    Participant

maybe I can help here. I am designing a machine for a river barge dredging system that separates the large solids so that only the sand/gravel is pumped to the surface. Its small scale, only removes 60 m3 an hour

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Try Bokalis Engineering R/D Dept in Holland

robert king
    Participant

maybe I can help here. I am designing a machine for a suction dredging system that separates the large solids so that only the sand/gravel is pumped to the surface. Its small scale for some, only 60 m3 an hour.

Frank Faulk
    Participant

I have already designed an ROV specifically for the Nome environment. I am just looking for partners to fund the unit to take to Nome, hopefully for this summer, but at least for next winter, under the ice. If you are interested, please contact me privately.

Skipper Frank

Raven Brink
    Participant

Maybe it could be helpful for you to look into the De beers namibia operations, They currently have one vessel called Peace in Africa that is using rov crawler to dredge for diamonds, they are quite successful with their crawler despite their large amount of maintenance hours.

Could put you intouch with one of the main engineers on land respondsible for design and improvement, if you are interested.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar