Home Forums General General Board Helicopter Luggage Weight

Helicopter Luggage Weight

Home Forums General General Board Helicopter Luggage Weight

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ROVRatt
    Participant

Just wondering what weight is allowed by different helicopter operators for personnel flying offshore.

I have read and heard of between 10 and 25 kg allowances.

Personally my luggage weighs in at 15 kg, and all I have is the bag with coverall, boots, hard hat, 2 T-shirts, 2 pairs of shorts, Crocs shoes (Very light), underwear, socks, toiletries, a book and some magazines. Then there is my laptop and accesories in a rucksack.

Are allowances adequate? Tell us how you cope.

Savante
    Participant

search keyword vantage; ray had the same issue recently I think!!

rovstuff
    Participant

Rovratt

My bag is 12 Kg. But the limit is between 10 & 15 Kg. To avoid any problem I take in with me, inside my bag, a small Back Pack, big enough to receive the excess, e.g. 2 Kg. if the limit is 10. That way you just get the Back pack, fill it with 2 or 5 Kg. and set it as another bag at the heli Check in
    The more restrictive are the Norwegians with 10 Kg. but you can take with you even 3 soft bags without problems.

Cheers

Steve
    Participant

Put your work boots on when you get to the heliport and put your trainers/shoes in your offshore bag. That takes a couple of kilos out of your offshore bag, and no-one bothers what your body weight is.

Ray Shields
    Participant

At Bristows in Aberdeen the weight limit is 12kg per bag. You can have 2-3 bags but the chopper I went out on had too many bags because it was mainly service hands who have to carry all their gear with them. We had to leave some bags behind and send them out aq few days later.

In Egypt the limit I think was 25kg.

ROVRatt
    Participant

Thanks for the replies, I don’t have a problem as my limit is 15kg. I was/am curious to find out what it is like elsewhere.

Savante:

search keyword vantage; ray had the same issue recently I think!!

Rays post is what set me thinking.

Rovstuff:

My bag is 12 Kg. But the limit is between 10 & 15 Kg. To avoid any problem I take in with me, inside my bag, a small Back Pack, big enough to receive the excess, e.g. 2 Kg. if the limit is 10. That way you just get the Back pack, fill it with 2 or 5 Kg. and set it as another bag at the heli Check in

Won’t work for me. My total wieght allowance is 15kg. They weigh all your luggage together. They don’t bother too much if its slightly over but more than 3kg and they don’t like it at all and you will have to unpack.

Ray:

We had to leave some bags behind and send them out aq few days later.

This can turn into a nightmare for us. I have seen luggage turn up 3 weeks into an upman. 2 Weeks and many emails is the norm. No emails and constant nagging = no luggage at all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar