Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Help Me

Help Me

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Help Me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SubseaMe
    Participant

Hey guys…im highly interested in the ROV world.
    I’ve just hit time served as a mechanical engineer. I’ve attained my HNC in Engineering Practice. I’ve been building Subsea Production Systems for 4 years now.
    Subsea 7 let me play around with an ROV when i worked offshore in Singapore in the summer and have been really interested since.
    Do you think me, a keen 20 year old with the above qualifications have a chance? I particularly fancy being an ROV pilot.

ANY information or help is hugely appreciated.

Chris
    Aberdeen

rovgimp
    Participant

Chris,
    You are in the best place in the UK to look for ROV work.
    Get yourself the Press and Joural and go to Oil and Gas careers.
    Look in the forums on here.
    There are many companies recruiting at the moment get out there and hand in your C.V, and see what the response is from them. 😯

SubseaMe
    Participant

hey…yeah i know am in a good location for it but i dont know if im what there lookin for.
    was lookin to see if you guys thought i’d cut the grade.
    wasnt sure if i should put myself through a course. i’ve done pnematics and hydraulics at HNC level already.
    id happily put myself through the offshore survival course if it helps.

Ray Shields
    Participant

You’r 20 but you’ve been building Subsea Systems for 4 years? A 16 year old Subsea systems builder – did you have Lego as a kid? And had time for an HNC. You must work long days.

Have a read in the FAQ section about how to lay out your CV and start sending it out. Fugro Aberdeen are taking on trainees, next batch will be in January.

Forget your survival/medical, it really is a waste of time. 8 trainees on last Fugro course, some had paid out for certs – Fugro still had to send them on survival/medical as of course they had not paid the extra to include Norwegian medical/survival. No biggie, they still got a job.

Survival/medical is seen as a day to day expense, it really makes little difference to the Companies if you have it or not (all it does is waste your money). Qualifications and experience is what they want, people with a trade.
    🙂

SubseaMe
    Participant

yeah i started my apprenticeship at 16. straight after i left school. been on day release to college for 4 years. i work at Vetco Gray in Aberdeen.

i do need to sort out my CV.

cheers for the help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar