Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Help with cv

Help with cv

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Help with cv

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Iain Scott
    Participant

Is there any of the experienced guys that would be kind enough to have a look over a cv and offer advice tips and pointers? Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Ray Shields
    Participant

Have you read through the How to Layout Your CV over in the FAQ link over on the left?

Iain Scott
    Participant

Hi Ray, yea i have and have taken the info and started to draft a redo of my cv, thanks very much, a lad on here actuall pm me and had a look over my cv to give me some pointers, i am on the doors constantly but same as most am really struggling lol,

Roy Simson
    Participant

Hi flymorov

I should not worry to much about your cv and what format to use because what ever format you use wont be what the company or agency requires .

Its no big deal when your cv is only a few pages but its a pain when you have many pages of work experience to re type in or all the certs that you hold with expiry dates .

More and more agency’s are using a drop box for your cv but there are still many out thing who want you to re type the whole thing out again .

Iain Scott
    Participant

Hi Raptor, thanks that makes sense, i was starting to worry if it was the layout at all!
    i have a good background i think:
    starting with agricultural engineering, mechanics and hydraulics, then 10 years in Army as tank crewman/mechanic, then 9 years offshore as mechanic/hyd tech and pneumatic systems, also working with generators and 3 phase electric, was weak on electronics, so so spent my time away from home open learning to improve my knowledge for the industry, then did MTCS induction course, still firing out 30-40 cvs a week, every week,and still not seeing a light at end of tunnel YET! i know the state of the industry on a whole just now, but still, dont get if you dont ask! again, persistence and determination!! and from what i have researched and read, right place at right time?

Jens Harris
    Participant

Hi Raptor, thanks that makes sense, i was starting to worry if it was the layout at all!
    i have a good background i think:
    starting with agricultural engineering, mechanics and hydraulics, then 10 years in Army as tank crewman/mechanic, then 9 years offshore as mechanic/hyd tech and pneumatic systems, also working with generators and 3 phase electric, was weak on electronics, so so spent my time away from home open learning to improve my knowledge for the industry, then did MTCS induction course, still firing out 30-40 cvs a week, every week,and still not seeing a light at end of tunnel YET! i know the state of the industry on a whole just now, but still, dont get if you dont ask! again, persistence and determination!! and from what i have researched and read, right place at right time?

Yeah, but just so you know, a couple of the larger Rov companies are going through a consultation period at the minute leading to redundancies in October. It’s the worst time to be ROV let alone an aspiring one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar