Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    douggie
    Participant

Hi there I’m new to this websight so please be kind haha. Anyway I’m due to enter the Royal Navy at the end of August this year as a Marine engineer. But latyl I’ve been becomeing more intrested in commercial diving and ROV’s. I no the diving industry at the momment is really good, due to oil prices soaring. Just wondering would Marine engineering help me after my service in the Navy? Also is there better opportunities as a ROV pilot e.g. is there a constant need for pilots?

Hope to hear from you all.
    Kind regards
    Mark

ROVRatt
    Participant

Hi Douggie

A marine engineering background including a few years experience after qualification from the RN will definitely stand you in good stead to enter the ROV world.

At present there is a demand for ROV pilot/technicians. ROV pilots must be able to fly and fix the ROV and all the ancilliary equipment like winches, launching systems, power supplies etc.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

hi or high…

Wann’t this what the webmaster and mistress was talking about???? A total piss take Ummmmm… yes. And we had one reply… ROV Ratt don’t bite again (???) and don’t encourage it either…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar