Home Forums Safety, Survival Courses & Medicals Safety – ROV. IMCA Safety Flash 18/09

IMCA Safety Flash 18/09

Home Forums Safety, Survival Courses & Medicals Safety – ROV. IMCA Safety Flash 18/09

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

IMCA has released Safety Flash 18/09 which contents the following:

1. Fatality during pressure test
    2. Fatal incident onboard a dive support vessel
    3. Lost time injury to leg
    4. Loss of ROV: dropped object

4. Loss of ROV: Dropped Object

A member has reported an incident in which a remotely controlled vehicle (ROV) and its tether management system (TMS) were dropped to the seabed following failure of the umbilical termination. During recovery of the system, just as the bullet was about to enter the docking head in the A-frame, the umbilical separated from the TMS and both the ROV and its TMS were dropped to the seabed. Immediately after the incident occurred, all electrical power to the ROV was switched off and high voltage equipment was earthed according to procedure. The incident occurred three months after the latest umbilical re-termination.

You can download IMCA Safety Flash 18/9 here.

subseascott
    Participant

Sorry, just checked this out but haven’t heard anything else about it. Anybody else know what happened? Pretty odd that there was a fatality & the system ended up in the water or have I misunderstood?

Cheers all….

Ray Shields
    Participant

Sorry, just checked this out but haven’t heard anything else about it. Anybody else know what happened? Pretty odd that there was a fatality & the system ended up in the water or have I misunderstood?

Cheers all….

The fatality was not the ROV main lift bullit failure, that was the diving bell incident.

Anonymous

How can i make my running injury better? Yesterday i went for a 5k run, i haven’t been for a run for a week now as last week i competed in a 5k race and thought i’d have a week off. About 15 Min’s into my run i hurt my knee, i think it’s a ligament? But was wondering whats is the best way of helping the injury so i can get back to my running asap.

Joel
    Participant

Catalinaa (Admin note: Account and all associated posts now deleted)

How can i make my running injury better? Yesterday i went for a 5k run, i haven’t been for a run for a week now as last week i competed in a 5k race and thought i’d have a week off. About 15 Min’s into my run i hurt my knee, i think it’s a ligament? But was wondering whats is the best way of helping the injury so i can get back to my running asap.

Try putting it on the oscilloscope first and then if there is no signal or tell tale lag in the telemetry response of your knee then it really must be a hydraulic issue. This can be down to solenoid blockage, or coil damage or the +/- 24 VDC is not present.

Or it could be that you have posted in a completely wrong forum or you require some mental attention. Either way all the best in your endeavours. 😯 😯 😯

Cabledog
    Participant

😆 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar