Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Incredible Day Rates

Incredible Day Rates

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Incredible Day Rates

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Roy Simson
    Participant

Yes I did see that £300 – £350 I think these people must be still living in 2009 when there was very little work .But its 2012 and the cost of living has gone through the roof and it peak season and most people are all ready working .

How on earth do G2 expect to get people to work in Norway for that amount for starters as we all know your subject to local tax same goes for Denmark I think your be lucky to have take home pay of £180 – £200 maybe even less .

You only have to see the same old requirements from the same old agencies
    on this forum or linkedin to know if the rates were that good why does the job keep on coming up .

Good Hunting

Raptor

KeyserSoze
    Participant

James,

I know it’s old hat but I must take the opportunity to vent my spleen!

We all know the long running debarcle with Union membership came to nothing. Despite the best efforts of a few, the idea of joining a union was met with scorn and ridicule.

Like you say the divers have achieved an almost 100% rise because they got together. As a united front the ODIA commands a minimum rate with every company involved. I say a minimum rate as this is increased to vie for attention in busy times like now.

I’m not saying that the union got this for the divers. Far from it. It was the culmination of the divers getting organised, choosing a union then telling them what they wanted.

Now has anyone taken a look at the rest of the ODIA rates recently? Certainly not like some of the dayrates being paid, but Riggers for instance are on about £330 a day the last time I looked and they are at the bottom (no disrespect intended).

For the life of me I cannot understand how we became such a bunch of "I’m all right Jack" self centred so and so’s!

Whenever the subject of ROV rates are discussed with any company, all we get back is the same old rhetoric quoting market conditions and competitiveness.

Surely, if companies in Australia and Norway can pay the rates they are and still make one hell of a profit then why can’t they do it in the UK?

To sum it up basically lads, how far do you want it up you?

John MacDonald
    Participant

But there lies the problem Keysersoze, as you’ve pointed out talk of joining a union has been tried with little success. Did any of these people ridiculing the idea come up with any better solution to this ? my guess is no.
    I myself don’t know what needs done other than everyone banding together to say enough is enough, so for me union membership would be the only real way.
    The problem in my eyes (no offence to people coming of a training course) is that these places pump out rov techs and these people then see what in all reality is still a good wage compared to what some (including myself) were earning not too long ago and will take these jobs. Eventually it will maybe get something across to the companies that they’re only getting crew with little or no experience but I think in the most part they will take that risk if there are stronger guys already on the crew.
    I’m glad that I for now am on a job paying well (I think anyway) but what when that ends, which will be soon, I don’t have endless money but don’t want to let these people think the rates are acceptable.
    More articulate & intelligent people than myself are needed to sort this but I will certainly be there to help if things happen.

nick
    Participant

Come on Baba……amazing are the rate for Master Dp Vessel……400-450€ per day……

Roy Simson
    Participant

Well here we go again all the agencies are trying to fill a very large personnel requirement for the Middle East , Which I think your find is Fugro If there still paying a max of $700 USD for Supervisors its still a long way off £550 GBP that is on offer for many Sup jobs in the North Sea So I wish them the best of luck .

For the past 7 months or more I keep on seeing this requirement for Cuba I wonder whats the story there as they seem to be going through a very large amount of personnel ? As far as I know its a Drill Support job using a SMD Quantum .

So is it pay or conditions why very few people return I wonder ?

Good Hunting

Raptor

John Devanney
    Participant

ROV Pilots – Norwegian Company
    I am recruiting ROV Pilots for a Norwegian company.
    Daily rates 180-220 GBP.
    Locations: North Sea (summer), Mexican Gulf, Africa (winter).

If you are interested, please send your CV to lamia.samaha@gmail.com
    ————————————————————————————–
    LOL, just found this on LinkedIn. Im not even in the industry yet but I know this is taking the piss!

Roy Simson
    Participant

Thanks for the Input JDevanney it just goes to show you some of the silly rates that some of people attempt to hire people . Just seen the ad for myself on linkedin :-

ROV Pilots – Norwegian Company

I am recruiting ROV Pilots for a Norwegian company.
    Daily rates 180-220 GBP.
    Locations: North Sea (summer), Mexican Gulf, Africa (winter).

If you are interested, please send your CV to lamia.samaha@gmail.com
    1 day ago

This has to a Joke !

Raptor

liddelljohn
    Participant

Raptor…..the SMD job in cuba is drill support ,the vessel/rig is Sonsub but l ROV is from MODUS . ROV is good , rates average but talking to some Modus guys who had been on the job but are now back on North sea jobs the conditions on the rig are aweful 4-6man rooms lousy food and other issues no one wants to go on a repeat tour .
    Its obvious as every crew change they are asking for new people.

Roy Simson
    Participant

Thanks Liddelljohn for the information on the Cuba job now we all know why no body wants to return .

Good Hunting

Raptor

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar