Home Forums ROVbay! ROVbay! – Items Wanted Inspection ROV LARS wanted

Inspection ROV LARS wanted

Home Forums ROVbay! ROVbay! – Items Wanted Inspection ROV LARS wanted

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Etienne Demers
    Participant

Hello,

I’m looking for a LARS for a Sub-Atlantic Mohican. 800KG+ SWL.

All types considered.

Looking for something cheap that I will send for refurbishment.

PM me if you have any leads.

Cheers,
    E.

Roy Simson
    Participant

Hi Chewy

There are a few LARs available for the size of vehicle that you have its all down to how much do you want to pay . If you look at deep search there are a few on there if however your looking for some thing cheap then a trip to Singapore or Batam may be required since many rov company’s ceased trading and there still selling off all there assets all the good stuff has gone but all the rest is still left there rusting away .

But like I said its all down to the price you want to pay .

Etienne Demers
    Participant

Hello Raptor,

many thanks for your reply.

I am already in contact with m-are. Is this the deep search you are referring to? (As in their monthly newsletter).

I am bound to Singapore in Jan. Any idea where in Singapore I can look?

Cheers,
    E.

Roy Simson
    Participant

Yes Deep Search has a few but its all down to How much you want to pay . As far as Singapore goes just take a trip over to Loyang offshore base.

To find out which yards you want to check just go to Google or Yahoo and type in Rov Company’s Singapore . As you entry Loyang many of the yards are down side roads left and right leading off the main road .

Ok here is a map of the base you can see you drive into the base from Loyang Crescent , I did it in 2 days " North Side Roads " Then South down the SOPS Ave side .

Best hire a taxi and drive around the area till you find some thing interesting as its to hot to walk around . The gear it wont look pretty but it should be cheap but it will need a total rebuild in the past I have found old 225 LARs and TMS plus a old UFO TMS and LARs

Best of luck with your search .

loyang_offshore_base_singapore_171.jpg
    loyang_offshore_base_singapore_171.jpg

Etienne Demers
    Participant

I know Loyang base. I guess I’ll just go there and knock on doors. I was just wondering if equipment got seized and put in a warehouse somewhere.

Thanks.

E.

Roy Simson
    Participant

Most of what I have seen is outside rusting away thats why you need to check the whole base but it should be cheap .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar