Home Forums ROV International ROV Related Associations IROVA.org News (2011-02-02) – Website now live!

IROVA.org News (2011-02-02) – Website now live!

Home Forums ROV International ROV Related Associations IROVA.org News (2011-02-02) – Website now live!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

….Hopefully, someone else will do something about the dismal rates and conditions being seen presently in the ROV industry

I would be hard pushed to say when the last time I saw a decent full squad of ROV lads on a boat. I wouldn’t give most of them half the day rate they are on…. If only you could pay extra to the good guys for working with clowns, that would be fair. A working with numpties uplift.

With mass trainee inductions and aggressively cheap recruitment policies. It going to be a struggle to become the white gloved offshore elite, a position some folks clearly still think belongs to ROV.

good luck with that.

liddelljohn
    Participant

I recently worked in UK waters within 12 mile limit on a project with Noggie ROV guys in the Team the UK PTs wre on £400 per day the UK superviser was on £480 per day.

The Noweigan PTs were on £900 per day and the Norweigan Supervisor was trawling home £1150 per Day!!!!!! and the noggies all mentioned that they also paid almost ZERO tax as they all lived in other juristictions other than Norway 2 lived in Thailand and one in USA .

So the Norweigan guys were tsking advantage of Norway Unionised national rates but also found watys to avaoid high Norway taxes amazing eh…..

Its the Brits who are the monkeys here .

James McLauchlan
    Participant

….Hopefully, someone else will do something about the dismal rates and conditions being seen presently in the ROV industry

I would be hard pushed to say when the last time I saw a decent full squad of ROV lads on a boat. I wouldn’t give most of them half the day rate they are on…. If only you could pay extra to the good guys for working with clowns, that would be fair. A working with numpties uplift.

With mass trainee inductions and aggressively cheap recruitment policies. It going to be a struggle to become the white gloved offshore elite, a position some folks clearly still think belongs to ROV.

good luck with that.

Not contentious at all eh? Do I finally sense troll DNA in you?

It’s very clear, even to the likes of yourself, that when the industry is as busy at it is, and having to thin teams out with new personnel, you will end up with under trained crews with little experience on the systems.

… It going to be a struggle to become the white gloved offshore elite, a position some folks clearly still think belongs to ROV…

Pathetic statement! Nobody wears white gloves offshore on ROV systems, although I suspect you may have a couple of pairs on your person. You might want to check 😉

Not forgetting of course that it’s HR onshore that hire these people, so who is more at fault… The ‘clown’ (as you so eloquently put it) or the person that accepted them to go offshore in the first place?

Oh! Finally, before you continue with your trolling/antagonistic attitude
    Over the last couple of years it has become obvious that you appear to have no interest in the furtherance of the ROV industry, nor anything positive to say about the industry either.

I’ve warned you about this before by PM.

Your account has been locked! Go and annoy people on another website/social media site. There are plenty to choose from.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

The idea of the IROVA is dead and this discussion no longer has any bearing on the original Topic Title.

TOPIC LOCKED

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘IROVA.org News (2011-02-02) – Website now live!’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar