Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion ISS Employment offer

ISS Employment offer

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion ISS Employment offer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    rovpilot
    Participant

Just got an offer through from ISS. Wondering what they are like to work for? Where there vessels are working? plenty of work? What sort of work? etc etc. I had no interview, CV in on Tuesday, offer this afternoon

ta in advance,

Rovpilot

Gyrohead
    Participant

Good company, lost of work in the Caspian. Job without interview, must have good CV.

Ray Shields
    Participant

They’ve just bought some new XLS’s as well I believe. Give us feedback on them after you’ve been with them a while – and remember to update the ROV Rates page!

tonym2909
    Participant

I also got offered a position with them, without an interview no mention of a rate on the offer though. As ray says let us know how they are to work for and the rates

Black Dog
    Participant

ROV

deevalue
    Participant

No Interview?

Perhaps someone in the office knows who you are, or has worked with you.

Think i would be more inclined to stay quiet, work for them and see for myself! I would imagine they are looking for people who can think for themselves.

One of my relatives told me to look at Subsea Engineering or Project Management because in his words "ROV guys are grunts – show me an ROV company with an ROV guy in charge, it is all Engineers or Surveyors!" He is pissed with simple ROV job that used to "just get done" without any fuss, taking so bloody long. I can see why he is complaining, 2 teams on my boat. The newer guys, old or young, are basically lazy. Surf the net and don’t want to learn.
    I am new (ish)too the industry, but it does seem true, my boss, depending on whether you look off o onshore is either a Diver or a surveyor. the only ROV Engineers i can see in the company are whinging about lack of internet access and things offshore" Think I might get in touch with Fugro, Survey Engineer looks good!!!
    No one can hide in a one man team!!

Thought I was getting a career, but you guys — well get some qualifications and stop wasting peoples time. Lets face it the Herc is hardly the pinnicle of electronic design and it ain’t that hard to fly.

Why are we caught around that anode / member for the 4th time this shift. Current ————– I think not!!

PS – What is wrong with saying Uni0n? Oilbeefhooked right enough.

Lloyd Todd
    Participant

Blackdog,

Your comments,

I got this through.
    £413 Had better offers!
    5% loyalty bonus is poor, others give over 12%.
    BUPA is standard as far as I’m concerned.
    No mention of holidays (rates & how many days) or pension rates.
    No mention of any extra for West Africa (10 to 25% depending where you are, is normal).

Would you care to share with us all your BETTER OFFERS,
    and who gives 12% or more bonus?

I dont work for ISS before you ask, but i do know them well
    they have good equipment and pay fare rates.

Maybe you would like to tell us all how much you are getting now and who you are working for if you dont think ISS are making you the right offer……..

I wait to be enlightened by yourself………

Regards Mad-dog

HelpMaBoab
    Participant

Sound company, good project managers (all ROV guys), easy to work with, crewchanges no problems, good kit, 4 X TXLS + 4 X TXLX, raft of eyeballs and MRV 3 + 4 (ARGHHHHH!!!), been there over a year now and really enjoyed it.
    Given the fact I have been working with ROVs since 1981 ISS have been a breath of fresh air.. 😀
    Work can be a bit patchy though as they have frame agreements with Acergy and Technip, so a lot of short jobs and that means lots of mob / demobs. That should change though.
    3 X DSVs + 1 ROV boat (Norman Tonjer fm April) + 1 ROVSV in Aug /sept?)
    If you are paye, extra Noggie tax is covered, also if you are kept on for over 28 days the rate goes up by 5%.
    Generally if you get a job offer it will be due to the fact you have been recommended by someone in the company…
    Also when you speak to the beach you dont get put to some Indian call centre (OI).
    All in all everybody I have worked with have been good eggs.
    Prima donnas need not apply.
    Hope this helps

Steve
    Participant

413/day for a supervisor??

HelpMaBoab
    Participant

Just checked Oilcareers, best deal there was 75k PA for supt,s or around 410 pd for 183 days, so if you have seen £450 pd for a sub eng from an agency then go for it.
    Anyway I thought Technip paid the most, but you have to pay for own UK transport to work site, medicals survival etc..

PS, forgot to mention, ISS also pay 12 days offshore pay per month if there is no work, also 12 days offshore pay per month for injury or illness for 6 months..

Ewan McKen
    Participant

who gives 12% or more bonus?

Sonsub in Sunny Aberdeen used to pay me more than 12% Loyalty Bonus when I were a Pilot/Tech.
    But that was a while ago, pay structure has probably changed since then.
    Bonus is meaningless, you have to look at the ‘Total Package’.

"ROV guys are grunts – show me an ROV company with an ROV guy in charge, it is all Engineers or Surveyors!"

I dont actually know the history of the Guy in charge at Sonsub in Sunny Aberdeen.

But the Operations Manger (who I think is most relevant ‘Guy in charge’ of ROV Operations) used to be an ROV Pilot at Sonsub in Sunny Aberdeen.

Think I might get in touch with Fugro, Survey Engineer looks good!!!

Been there, done that.
    ROV Pilot, at Sonsub in Sunny Aberdeen, was much better.
    Would you like an application form?

Regards,
    Inn05

Ray Shields
    Participant

From Oilcareers:-

ROV Senior Sub Engineer
    McAdam King Limited

View all McAdam King Limited’s jobs
    Company Profile

Our client, a leading subsea engineering and service company, requires an experienced ROV senior sub engineer. Looking for experienced contract engineers with experience in the operation and maintenance of ROV’s. The client requires a minimum of 10 years experience working in this field. Salary and package negotiable on experience.

Onshore:
    Offshore:
    Remuneration: Circa 450 UK Pounds/day
    Advert Published: 21 Feb 2008

£450 a day but they are looking for 10 years experience…

UPDATE:- Also found an Ad for an ROV Pilot by Mcadam King and they too say about £450 a day so that may just be a standard figure they put in to get people to apply.

Our client, a leading subsea engineering and service company, requires an ROV pilot/technician with at least 2 years experience. Liaising closely with the supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and operation of the ROV system.

Onshore:
    Offshore:
    Remuneration: Circa 450 UK Pounds/day
    Advert Published: 21 Feb 2008

HelpMaBoab
    Participant

Possibly the 450pd is the gross amount the company will pay the agency.
    As you rightly said, possibly 450 is just to get us lot interested.
    I have not heard of a subeng getting this amount, if thats the case then it’s worth looking at, Subeng / PT = no pressure, no supervising, Bliss.

Ray are you still looking after MRV5 on the Hunter? Pls don’t tell me that nugget Andy Law’s still there :mrgreen:

Ray Shields
    Participant

Ray are you still looking after MRV5 on the Hunter? Pls don’t tell me that nugget Andy Law’s still there :mrgreen:

I have not been regular on the Hunter since end of 2006 but have done manups occasionally and lots of assistance in fault finding via mail and phone 😀 Yes, he’s still there. Hunters back in Mauritania now.

Black Dog
    Participant

ROV

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar