Home Forums ROVbay! ROVbay! – Items Wanted Looking for: Handbook for ROV Pilot / Technicians

Looking for: Handbook for ROV Pilot / Technicians

Home Forums ROVbay! ROVbay! – Items Wanted Looking for: Handbook for ROV Pilot / Technicians

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    gr8
    Participant

I am looking for:
    "Handbook for ROV Pilot / Technicians" and "Handbook for ROV Supervisor"
    Does anybody got this publications in computer version (.pdf files or other) and can share this with me?
    Or maybe somebody know, where I can get these publications from?

Ray Shields
    Participant

There are illegally scanned versions of these books that some people have.

It breaches copyright to scan the book in and pass it onto people.

Its also about 132MB in size!

You can buy it on Amazon I think (other websites available)

gr8
    Participant

Its also about 132MB in size!

You can buy it on Amazon I think (other websites available)

I know that it will be about that size – if you know that it is about 132 MB, so maybe you know who has got it?

I found the ‘book version’ each of my looking publications, but first it is expensive and second it is better for me to have and keep this in computer version.

RovMac
    Participant

The ROV tech Handbook costs 145+ Euros to buy, as does the Supers one – they are competely different with regard to content so if you do decide to buy 🙄
    I’d look into which is more suitable for yourself – cant see anyone needing both at one time 😆
    TECHS ; Basics principles, ops and procedures etc, or SUPS ; HSE and management and documentation.
    Good luck anyway

K2
    Participant

gr8

I wouldn’t pay 5 pence for any of these publications let alone £150. They are rubbish. You’d be better off going to your local library or high street book store for the technical stuff and either going offshore or extracting info off the Net for the management side of things.

However, if you are still in need then PM me, I may know a source for the Subserve and OEL versions of the complete tech to sup collection.

😉

gr8
    Participant

I’d look into which is more suitable for yourself – cant see anyone needing both at one time 😆

Yes… first one for now, and second to have for the future 😉

K2: I was also thinking that this kind of publications are not very good and this is the reason why I don’t want to buy them, only look for computer version what the are writing about – just to satisfy my own curiosity 🙂

Ray Shields
    Participant

K2: I was also thinking that this kind of publications are not very good and this is the reason why I don’t want to buy them, only look for computer version what the are writing about – just to satisfy my own curiosity 🙂

You mean you want to steal one cos you cant be arsed spending your money on it. But it would be a waste of money anyway 🙂

gr8
    Participant

No, I mean I dont want to pay for something this money, when I couldn’t see before what I am buying… I don’t know what is inside… is it good or not?!

Ray Shields
    Participant

No, I mean I dont want to pay for something this money, when I couldn’t see before what I am buying… I don’t know what is inside… is it good or not?!

Buy it from Amazon, read it and then return it if you dont like it, you can do that with Amazon.

If it is good is dependent on if you find it useful.

Me, I would say not worth that amount of money.

gr8
    Participant

Buy it from Amazon, read it and then return it if you dont like it, you can do that with Amazon.

Yea, maybe it is possible with Amazon, but it won’t be so simple than first check this informations from other source (like from this what I am looking for) and if I will think that it is good then I will buy normal book 🙂 This way for me is much better 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar