Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work Looking for ROV training and job

Looking for ROV training and job

Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work Looking for ROV training and job

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sergejs
    Participant

Hi,
    I am just looking for company which can train me as a ROV PT and offer employement. Ready to work for under 200 Euro p/d.
    Let’s say i can not afford to myself to pay for training, that’s why it would be nice to work for company which will train me)))
    I BELIEVE I CAN DO IT!!!

Sit Rep
    Participant

Very good amigo.

Meanwhile there are thousands of us who can already do it…and aren’t working.

Sergejs
    Participant

Yes,you are right,but you never know))),so why not to try.

Kiwitech
    Participant

Well matey, You won’t be doing yourself any favors undercutting the rates.
    Although I no longer work in the ROV industry I would suggest you won’t make many friends do that either.
    Unless you have a good back ground in hydraulics or electronics or both it may be rather difficult to "get in"

Charles Gatling
    Participant

There are some companies out there with good training programs but until the industry begins expanding there isn’t much opportunity.

Sergejs
    Participant

Although I no longer work in the ROV industry I would suggest you won’t make many friends do that either.
    Unless you have a good back ground in hydraulics or electronics or both it may be rather difficult to "get in"

I do not want to undercut the rate. It’s just like a deal between me and company trained me )
    I have electrical background and few years of experience at sea.

piper
    Participant

Good luck Segio, you will needs bucket loads of it. And when you do find that company let them know 10 yr service I got and am home twidling me balls 😀 😀 😀 😀

John Bridgett
    Participant

I do not want to undercut the rate. It’s just like a deal between me and company trained me )
    I have electrical background and few years of experience at sea.

There is absolutely no doubt about it, you ARE attempting to undercut rates and will definitely not gain any friends.

Vuk
    Participant

Hi all, I am new to forum, and I have a question that is simillar to Sergio’s. I just finnished my mechanical engineering studies, for, energetics and process engineering and I would like to work as an rov operator / technician (rather), or any other job that allows you to work for one month and be free for one month. I have a pretty good theoretical background in hydraulics but I have zero experience in industrial hydraulics, and good experience in home plumming if that counts. My knowledge in electrics is pretty good, but in digital electronics very poor. So far I made the conclusion that my chances of getting a job are somwere between impossible and almost impossible, but I would like to hear an opinion of good people from the forum who know something about getting a job. Sorry if there were English / grammar mistakes.

john nangle
    Participant

Hi Vuk,

Firstly good on you for completing your engineering course

I was in your situation many years ago and recruited by a service company that was partly owned by an oil company; actually I was recruited from a refinery..

That was a long time ago and when the industry was at that point; relatively new with companies that moved from buying ROV systems to building their own and logically to have their own staff

It was a boom time and they got paid well so they could build good equipment, have good people offshore and a full support basis onshore…after that everything went downhill…

First came >>
    we want you to be regular day-rate person
    Second came >>
    we don’t mind if you work for someone else
    Third came >>
    we prefer if you work thru agencies
    Fourth came>>
    go get this or that otherwise we can’t hire you
    Fifth came >>
    things are tough can you work for less, do longer trips, can you fly yourself there and we don’t pay travel days
    Now came >>
    Endless people with no jobs, saturated dog-eat-dog, industry that is on its knees

So my advice to you is

Go find a stable onshore job that you can work five days a week and have weekends off doing what you like and have a life

Either that or find a time machine to ‘go back when it was excellent’ or forward to’ when it will start all over’

As for now…forget ROV offshore career because its simply not there (especially for new entry)

Its a waste of your enthusiasm

Sorry to give a grim overview but its reality

Vuk
    Participant

Thank You for an honest advice. It makes sence that now, when oil prices are low, things arent good for oil industry employees.

john nangle
    Participant

Hi Vuk,

You are welcome

As I said your engineering qualification is a great achievement

Try to find an industry that can make good use of it

You put time to get it now you need time for it to grow

Try go work as graduate/trainee engineer in an established company

By established look for one that can’t ship its factory/jobs overseas

Generally that will mean something local and critical to infrastructure

Examples would be at a power station or public transport maintenance depot

Good luck

Vuk
    Participant

Thanks again, that is a good advice.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar