Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Low rates of recent jobs advertised

Low rates of recent jobs advertised

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Low rates of recent jobs advertised

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    deepseacon
    Participant

Low rates been offered recently

We have a current requirement for 2-3 ROV Pilot Techs to do a 5 week trip (with possible further 5 week rotations after wards) in Nigeria, commencing approx early Oct.

Candidates must have previous MRV/Olympian experience or XLX experience.

Candidates must also have previous offshore experience and a valid UKOOA medical and OPITO approved survival.

Rate to man is between £300-£340 GBP per day, depending on experience

This was from ETPM.

We have a requirement for the following
    Day rate is £330-£350 door to door

START DATE / DURATION
    26th September 2012 (30 days)
    MOBILISATION POINT
    TBC (last crew change in Middlesbrough)
    LOCATION UK
    ROV TYPE Tiger 839
    FREE SWIMMING OR TMS
    PERSONNEL REQUIREMENTS 1 x PT

EXPERIENCE LEVEL Seaeye
    JOB DETAILS (PLATFORM/VESSEL)
    12 hour shift
    Platform inspection
    Vessel Deep Vision
    CP/GBI/CVI/FMD
    Vessel may go into Norwegian waters

This was from Ivoffshore

Blake
    Participant

With regards to the rate for the IV OFFSHORE Job, the rate quoted has come from the end client. They do offer higher rates depending on the job & client.

Roy Simson
    Participant

How many times have we had this Topic these companys know that rates have gone up but they just don’t want to pay the going rates so what do they do they go to the agencys in the hope that they can find people to work for these crap rates . In the end its how much does the client want to pay if they keep these silly rates there not going to find any body.

If this was 2009 when the rov side of thing was slow with not much going on then I expected to see low rates , But with the season being so busy all the main line companys think that people will work for 2009 rates its not going to happen it does not matter how many agencys put ads out Wanted Wanted Urgent Rov Personnel .How many agencys put there rates of the jobs on offer very few because they know there taking the piss .

If people took the time to see what the going rates were they would not accept these silly offers of £380 – £450 for a Supervisor As I have all ready said many times Bluestream , Smit and N-Sea are all paying €690 Euros a day any thing less than $800 is crap .In Asia Rates are any were from $800 – $1000 .

In the end its down to the people reading this topic .

Cheers

Raptor

K2
    Participant

Trouble is, even if someone offers £100 a day for a supv, there will be someone out there who will take it.

Supv rates in Asia are $900 – $1350 and I dare say there are a few that pay even more. I know some companies who are winning loads of contracts but struggling to find guys/ gals, they are pushing clients for better rates so they can, in turn, secure better guys/ gals. I am sure everyone knows if they pay good money they’ll get good people but of course we have to view it from their point of view as a business with KPIs, bonus related performance criteria, money saving blah, blah, blah.

At the end of the day, it’s down to us as individuals to negotiate what we want. There’s no point in moaning once you’ve left home and you find out another guy doing the same job is on $200/d more than you……..

Stay Safe

😉

K2

Blake
    Participant

I agree with Raptor. Agencies can only offer what the clients say to them, at the end of the day its not the agency’s trying to offer you poor rates, it all leads back to the end client.

🙂

T-Boy
    Participant

I agree with Raptor. Agencies can only offer what the clients say to them, at the end of the day its not the agency’s trying to offer you poor rates, it all leads back to the end client.

🙂

INCORRECT

The clients ARE and HAVE been paying the $, it’s only gullible individuals that accept excuses why it is not passed on to them, the WORKER.

There are two reasons why you will be offered basically HALF of what you potentially can earn (in the above examples) if using an agency:

* The agency percentage mark up is excessively high

AND/OR

*The agency have the inability to negotiate appropriate rates

It IS that simple.

We all know approximately what the client charges out at…don’t we???
    Search the forums!

Blake
    Participant

T Boy….
    Rates are dictated by the client. Many will pay high rates, many wont. For example some clients have signed a contract with the big guys saying they will only pay fixed rates for personal; They then go to the agency saying ‘ we will pay this for a pilot, and this for a supervisor’ The agency then has to work by that. Its not always about the mark ups. Yes you do have a point but so do i.

Roy Simson
    Participant

All I know guys is when you go down the supermarket or fill your car up with Petrol prices have gone up .
    The problem is most of the main line Rov companys like SS 7 , Fugro and Sonsub to name but a few are still paying the same day rate as 4 years ago.
    Again I must stress this is Day Rate !

So when they can’t hire people direct they then go to the agencys ,So all we see every few months is the same old jobs .Just take a look back over the past year on agency requirements on this forum and your see what I mean .
    However by now the rate has dropped even lower since the agency wants its cut plus all the agencys are all chasing the same work .

I hate to think what rates will be in 5 years from now .

Raptor

Robert Black
    Participant

Supv rates in Asia are $900 – $1350 and I dare say there are a few that pay even more.

No, they are not. Stop dreaming.

K2
    Participant

Yeah KreuzOps, you’re right……. they are $100 – $1350 😆 with the odd one or two paying top $ ……….

😉

Roy Simson
    Participant

Pay peanuts and your just get monkeys. !

Raptor

robert
    Participant

I do see alot of greed on this forum. Some of us wanting to move up to supervisor have to take the lower rates offered to get a foot on the first step on the ladder. I for one would happily take £250 to £300 as a supervisor. It would be a significant increase in my current wages and reflects the level of experience I have gained and new responsibilities of a supervisor.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I do see alot of greed on this forum. Some of us wanting to move up to supervisor have to take the lower rates offered to get a foot on the first step on the ladder. I for one would happily take £250 to £300 as a supervisor. It would be a significant increase in my current wages and reflects the level of experience I have gained and new responsibilities of a supervisor.

I do see a lot of inexperience in your posts.

What are you on about… taking a lower rate to become a supervisor?? £250 to £300??

In 1989 a cleaner on a rig was earning £110/day. It’s 2012 now! 23 years later…. Air divers on deck are on way more than an ROV supervisor. Sat divers are on about GBP1440/day on the bin.

Go figure how greedy people appear to be in ROV then consider how much you are under selling yourself! Your approach makes me sick!

Jesus!! 🙄

Roy Simson
    Participant

It has to be a wind- up James for someone to say there accept £250 – £300 as Supervisor .I think its the same person who came out with the same comments about a year ago , Different I.D. But same silly comments .

Cheers

Raptor

James McLauchlan
    Participant

It has to be a wind- up James for someone to say there accept £250 – £300 as Supervisor .I think its the same person who came out with the same comments about a year ago , Different I.D. But same silly comments .

Cheers

Raptor

Could well be, but as you can see I responded as if it wasn’t.
    No harm done either way. I wanted to get the point across that anyone underselling themselves is not doing the industry a favour and there are people doing that right now.

I’ve probably not got much time left in this game, so will not be losing too much sleep over idiots underselling themselves or offering to pay for their own travel of all things!! They’ll be accepting not to go on pay until they get to the worksite next!!

If there is ever an industry shooting itself in the foot it has to be the UK based ROV industry caused by the people that, on the one hand, work within and, on the other, moan about low rates. It’s all of their own doing.

When I stop working offshore the website (ROVworld.com) will likely go too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar