Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training MIST Refresher Online Course from Atlas ?

MIST Refresher Online Course from Atlas ?

Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training MIST Refresher Online Course from Atlas ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Roy Simson
    Participant

Has any members of this forum done a MIST Refresher Online Course from Atlas ?

I remember when I did this course 4 years ago there was no time limit you just went round in circles until you completed the course . Plus what happens if I miss the expiry date .
    The Price of the refresher £65.40 + VAT so its the same price as the original course .

Cheers

PaulB
    Participant

Hi Raptor,

I did this on-line last night. Improvement over the one 4-years ago – no childish cartoon characters this time.
    75 minutes to answer 61 multiple choice questions (plenty of time!)
    Then any that you get wrong, the computer generates short training loops that you view and then answer similar questions upon again.
    My only complaint relates to some of the answers to some questions which were ambiguous or open to interpretation.

Not really training, just getting a box ticked for MIST on the Vantage system.

If you don’t complete and the 4-year time period lapses, I assume you won’t be able to fly by chopper from the UK until you have been re-certified.

Hope that helps.

Paul

Head of ROV Training
    The Underwater Centre (Fort William) Ltd

Roy Simson
    Participant

Hi Paul

Yes its much better I find in a class room I find as like you say " Some questions were ambiguous or open to interpretation . I had this problem last time but then there was no time limit you just went round in circles until you got all the questions correct . I wonder how the others found it .

I will drop Atlas a email asking what happens if the cert does expiry before I can re do it .

Thanks

Roy Simson
    Participant

Just doing a rescue job on my Topic ! Should Bryant want to flood the market with there requirements they should have there own web site .

Flooding the market does not work ! However it does show how desperate they are !

Ray Shields
    Participant

All but their allowed two a day deleted, and reminder sent, think they have a keen new employee!

James McLauchlan
    Participant

All but their allowed two a day deleted, and reminder sent, think they have a keen new employee!

I think you may be correct Ray. I’ve been onto Bryant before about this, some time ago. Their manager sorted the problem but of late they seem to be flooding the forum again. Hopefully someone will take notice…. PM also sent to them!

Roy Simson
    Participant

As things will be worse next year I think your going to find allot more of the agency’s doing the same thing in a desperate attempt to find personnel .
    As we all know there are to many agency’s all chasing the same projects and the same personnel .
    I think this is getting a bit off track from my original topic so best I start a new Topic under the Header " Desperate Agency’s "

Cheers

Raptor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar