Home Forums General General Board Modus

Modus

Home Forums General General Board Modus

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kalbo
    Participant

Has anybody ever worked for a company called Modus before? Any info if their a good bunch? They have 2 SMD Quantum ROV’s that were once TS Marines….

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Don’t know about Modus but you’ll have your hands full with the Quantums. Possibly a slight understatement if you get my drift.

Anonymous

Hi
    Mr CT from CTC

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

Modus = Modular Underwater Systems Ltd. => http://www.modus-ltd.com/

Kalbo
    Participant

Don’t know about Modus but you’ll have your hands full with the Quantums. Possibly a slight understatement if you get my drift.

Quantums are ok. They had problems at the start that gave them a bad name.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Quantums are ok. They had problems at the start that gave them a bad name.

The 2 you were asking about had serious problems from day 1.

HelpMaBoab
    Participant

Modus is Charlies Travelling Circus on the road again, They have 2 new Quantums on the Oceanteams ex North Ocean 102 to do a Power Umbilical Installation in Norway (Gjoya).
    Good luck to them, dont fancy deepish water long layback >330M TDM with a narrow vessel offset over a rocky seabed and steep cliffs, asking for trouble 😯 .

boroman
    Participant

So what serious problems did they have from day 1 ?

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

H.MeBoab,

Besides the narrow boat, what’s so difficult about the area of TDM job they’re performing? Sounds easy-peasy to me.

SMD Q series are okay except for the touch screens (and lack of alternative switching – if you’re capable of doing 2 or 3 things at one time!), as well as those cursed Curvetech J-boxes made out of 3 different materials. Have done verticla surveys at 1.1 km/hour and they can work in max. currents thrown at it.

HelpMaBoab
    Participant

The job is from the coast of Norway out to the Gjoya field, there is a steep cliff to climb then along a plateau to the field..
    Nothing too difficult normally, but first job for the boat, stern shute, power cable (heavy), very little vessel heading offset available, various shear currents, new ROV’s (I don’t think they have been used in anger?), the cable layback from the vessel will be in the region of around 320m from the ROV launch site, a fair old distance in anybodies language, especially as anticipated lay speeds to be in the region of >600-800 metres per hour.
    It is a big boat though, very shallow draft & 27m wide, built in spain though.
    So dont expect Norwegian Spec, especially if the top bunks have to be used (matress to deck head 16").
    good luck if you are going on the job good luck. 🙄

Kalbo
    Participant

SMD Q series are okay except for the touch screens (and lack of alternative switching – if you’re capable of doing 2 or 3 things at one time!), as well as those cursed Curvetech J-boxes made out of 3 different materials. Have done verticla surveys at 1.1 km/hour and they can work in max. currents thrown at it.

I believe the JB’s are now all aluminum with the perspex cover.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar