Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion More Silly Pay Rates For Rov personnel .

More Silly Pay Rates For Rov personnel .

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion More Silly Pay Rates For Rov personnel .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roy Simson
    Participant

Well I thought rates were getting low but I think this is the lowest I have seen this year , Plus dont forget unless your a limited company your be subject to PAYE so your be put on a emergency tax code so I dont think your be seeing much of your £164.39 day rate :-

We have a position available for a ROV Pilot/Tech.

Please find below some details about the job and pay rates:

Start date will be Thursday 21st July 2017

Ship Atlantic Carrier

Embarkation Ostend

Area of operation Belgian and EEA waters

The job consists of a charter for UXO Clearance off the Belgian coast.

Please advise if you are available

Can you please send me

Your current CV
    Survival Certificates
    Medical Certificate
    Passport
    Reference if available
    Photograph
    Any other applicable certificates you may hold

Can you also let me know

Your mobile number
    Nearest airport
    Home address

ship’s web page – http://atlantic-marine.co.uk/atlantic-marine-commercial-shipping/current-fleet/

ROGE web page – http://atlantic-marine.co.uk/roge-rov/

Must be fit and able to work with no recent medical problems or illness.

We have zero tolerance in relation to D&A

Contract

A minimum of 28 days + if required up to 20 days for weather delays and port calls and operational requirements of the ship.

The first contract is probation.

Pay Rates

The contract of employment is based on a ‘consolidated’ daily rate of pay (i.e. inclusive of all overtime, any time off, the minimum paid annual leave provided for by flag state law and travelling pay) plus an additional daily rate for sea time.

Consolidated rate of pay £164.39 per day

Additional sea time pay £10.00 per day calculated on a 24 hour pro rata for part days while at sea and not in anchorage on an On Hire contract. Paid one month in arrears and is subject to stated terms and conditions .

As you can see the requirements is for http://atlantic-marine.co.uk so best drop them a line but dont expect much more than about £100 and at some later stage get a tax rebate .

Cheers

Chris Baldwin
    Participant

Just a thought – is there a recognised ROV Technicians Association to represent the Techs in the industry? It is normally better to have your views and needs collated by some sort of representative body. I haven’t heard of one while at IMCA so if there is one all well and good.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Just a thought – is there a recognised ROV Technicians Association to represent the Techs in the industry? It is normally better to have your views and needs collated by some sort of representative body. I haven’t heard of one while at IMCA so if there is one all well and good.

No.

Chris Baldwin
    Participant

Ok, any interest in setting one up? I would be able to help. It would depend on what sort of format/model was wanted. You could have a purely open membership driven association or you could look at developing a self-regulatory assurance based system whereby potential members had to demonstrate competency before they were allowed to join. Then you would advertise this as the assurance of competence process for the industry – inevitably contractors would move toward accredited assurance for due diligence reasons. I have seen both (and other) types. IJUBOA for example (International Jack-up Barge Operators’ Assoc) is currently an open membership – anyone can join. They are now looking at whether they need to set some standard for membership acceptance due to a number of unscrupulous vessel operators using untrained crews. Also I worked with the International Institute of Marine Surveyors to create an accredited CMID vessel inspector scheme. This was because IMCA would let anyone use their CMID system for vessel safety inspections without checking their competence! The oil companies set up the OVID scheme in response. In terms of cost CMID is around £800 to join (including accreditation course) and then £190 after year two for renewal. This is not a money spinner but covers overhead of scrutiny of a candidate’s portfolio of work and quals initially (by peer group of surveyors) and then scheme management costs (2 x part time employees etc.). How about the Autonomous and Remote Vehicle Technicians Association (ARVTA)? What do you get – industry recognition of competent techs, a voice to speak on the collective behalf, greater sense of professionalism, development of unified career pathways and of course an accreditation/certification controlled by the technician community rather than a training provider. Any thoughts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar