Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Need advice??

Need advice??

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Need advice??

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rylan caldeira
    Participant

I have done my B.E mechanical degree and i am interested in joining the ROV industry. I have found out about various ROV training schools, I was interested in joining SUBNET in Phillipines.
    Are the two courses offered by the institute( 3 in 1 techNICAL COURSE & ROV pilot course) sufficient of me to get employed in the ROV industry.
    I have some hydraulic knowledge in my degree course.
    PLEASE ADVICE….

James McLauchlan
    Participant

The Rookie Corner board is headed:

ROV Rookie Corner
    PLEASE READ THROUGH THIS SECTION BEFORE POSTING! New to the ROV? Have a question about the Industry? Not sure what the next step is? First: READ THROUGH THIS SECTION! If you can’t find the answer you need then then post here and hopefully someone will help you out.

The first post in Rookie Corner is:

Announcement: New to the ROV industry? [Thread Locked]

This is one exception I will make to double posting. The point needs not to be missed by those new to this website/industry. For that reason I have posted the same in the General Board.

New to the ROV industry?

Consider this.
    You are new to the ROV industry and about to post on a website that has been around since 2003.
    The site has received 11,391,408 (yep! over 11,million) page views since Sat 13th Dec 2003
    During that time our Forum members have posted a total of 18,654 articles

Before posting and asking a question you need to consider that it has more than likely already been asked over and over again:

• Use the Search facility in the Forum to see if you can an already posted answer to your question(s).
    • Check the FAQ section. There are a good few pointers in there on how to approach the industry.

So, please do some research before posting. Many experienced members round here are less than pleased to respond when they see a post that pretty much says:

‘Please tell me about the industry and get me a job’

Yep! We have has a good few along those lines.

If you start by saying:

"I have read the FAQ’s and searched the Forum but can’t find what I need… can someone please help me out with….. [add your question]"

…… then at least it shows us that you have tried to do some homework before asking and you’ll most likely get a reasonable response.

I guess you didn’t bother to read that one eh?
    If you did, and carried out a search in the link provided in the post on the keyword ‘Subnet’, you will note that it produces 25 Matches. Within those matches there is heaps of info on Subnet and if you needed a bit more you could have replied to one of those threads!

There are also countless other threads discussing the value of ROV course as offered by these so called training establishments.

People on here are more than happy to help, but not those that appear not to help themselves first. If the information wasn’t here fair enough but I, and many others, know it is!

In my most calm and collected manner, the best bit of advice I can give you right now is to politely request that you search this website (Forums and FAQ’s) as the answers you need are already here.

This is like recording set on perpetual repeat!

The same questions keep coming up over and over again.
    The same questions are answered over and over again.
    The answers are ignored.
    The answers are ignored.
    The answers are ignored.

Nothing has changed and yet people still keep asking, even though the information is right under their noses many times over.

Sadly, you may be bearing the brunt of my inability to fathom out why people these days don’t appear to heed a little advice, and do a bit of work on their own account, rather than look for the lazy way out.
    This may sound a bit harsh, and I know you have posted in Rookie corner, but that is no excuse for simply posting and assuming this has never been asked before.

Oh.. and welcome to the forum :tup:

[THREAD LOCKED]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Need advice??’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar