Home Forums General General Board New member

Home Forums General General Board New member

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Sean McDaid
    Participant

Hi everyone, just joined up to the forum.

I have an interview for a Pilot Trainee position.

Has anyone been through their training progran before? I take it all companies conform to an industry standard training program so at the end you get a qualification recognised by all companies?

Thanks!

Ray Shields
    Participant

Well done on getting a start. Cant really help you with info about Deepocean.

Regarding training, there is no such qualification as an ROV pilot, or industry accreditation. IMCA are a trade organisation, a group of companies who got together and devided some standards.

Despite this each company can still train different ways. E.g. IMCA recognises Rov pilot tech 1 an 2 levels, but many companies gave lrbels 1,2,3,4 etc.

You really do not need to worry about getting formal training. You will be taught what you need to know to operate and maintain their equipment.

You will after this have Rov experience to add to your CV which is worth a lot more than formal qualifications.

Paul Robson
    Participant

Are you starting with DeepOcean UK or Norway? If its with the UK side you will go through their standard training programme. All Trainees are sent to MCTS. You will do the HV and fibre course and their rov training course. You will be enrolled in the MCTS competency scheme which is based on IMCA guidelines. You will then have to complete the various comps along with gaining operational experience to get to pilot tech 2 level. Then more comps plus experience to pilot tech 1, and so on. The company is decent to work for. Good points and bad as most other companies. One thing i would say is that we are a trenching company so be prepared to get your hands dirty. We have just taken on 2 new supporter ROVs and two Schilling UHDs so you will probably get a chance to go roving but its normally just survey and trenching support, Not the most glamourous but for starting out it gets you time on the sticks without the pressure of do construction. If you want any specifics PM me or stick it on the general forum and ill try to reply. Good look for the interview.
    ๐Ÿ˜€

Joseph graham
    Participant

Hi all, just joined and I also have an interview with deepocean for rov trainee too. Just wondering if anyone has any specifics of what to expect at the interview?

Cheers.

openside
    Participant

It may not be so much about what you can do, if Bev Parry does not like the look of you forget getting a job end off.

David Sherry
    Participant

welcome to the forum southsideseamus. Good luck with the interview mate.

Sean McDaid
    Participant

Well done on getting a start. Cant really help you with info about Deepocean.

Regarding training, there is no such qualification as an ROV pilot, or industry accreditation. IMCA are a trade organisation, a group of companies who got together and devided some standards.

Despite this each company can still train different ways. E.g. IMCA recognises Rov pilot tech 1 an 2 levels, but many companies gave lrbels 1,2,3,4 etc.

You really do not need to worry about getting formal training. You will be taught what you need to know to operate and maintain their equipment.

You will after this have Rov experience to add to your CV which is worth a lot more than formal qualifications.

Thanks m8, mind you its just an interview not a start but heres hoping!

Are you starting with DeepOcean UK or Norway? If its with the UK side you will go through their standard training programme. All Trainees are sent to MCTS. You will do the HV and fibre course and their rov training course. You will be enrolled in the MCTS competency scheme which is based on IMCA guidelines. You will then have to complete the various comps along with gaining operational experience to get to pilot tech 2 level. Then more comps plus experience to pilot tech 1, and so on. The company is decent to work for. Good points and bad as most other companies. One thing i would say is that we are a trenching company so be prepared to get your hands dirty. We have just taken on 2 new supporter ROVs and two Schilling UHDs so you will probably get a chance to go roving but its normally just survey and trenching support, Not the most glamourous but for starting out it gets you time on the sticks without the pressure of do construction. If you want any specifics PM me or stick it on the general forum and ill try to reply. Good look for the interview.
    ๐Ÿ˜€

Cheers for the info bud. Iโ€™ll send you a PM soon if you could look out for it thanks.

Hi all, just joined and I also have an interview with deepocean for rov trainee too. Just wondering if anyone has any specifics of what to expect at the interview?

Cheers.

Donโ€™t tell this guy anything!
    Haha just joking mate good luck in the interview!

welcome to the forum southsideseamus. Good luck with the interview mate.

Cheers DavieBhoy! ๐Ÿ™‚

Joseph graham
    Participant

Haha. Cheers mate.

What day is your interview?

Good luck.

Sean McDaid
    Participant

Haha. Cheers mate.

What day is your interview?

Good luck.

The wednesday mate u? Thanks

Joseph graham
    Participant

The wednesday mate u? Thanks

Last email I received said Wednesday 30th but have just realised that Wednesday is the 29th so going to have to send another email to confirm.

Struggling to find any info about what exactly the interview consists of.

Sean McDaid
    Participant

Last email I received said Wednesday 30th but have just realised that Wednesday is the 29th so going to have to send another email to confirm.

Struggling to find any info about what exactly the interview consists of.

Yeah same here, just gota see how it goes I guess!

Andy
    Participant

PM sent.

Good luck both ๐Ÿ˜›

Adrian
    Participant

Good luck guys, I missed out on this same job. Just now trying to find out why and what I need to improve my chances.

Best of luck.

dave
    Participant

Hi everyone, i’ve been reading the FAQ’s for a few hours.

I have sent my cv to fugro and deepocean for a trainee rov position.

My question is, is there anyone i can send it to rather than the general careers inbox?

I currently work offshore in inspection and have worked along some deepocean rov pilots this is where i got interested.

thanks..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar