Home Forums General Union Information (General Discussion) New RMT/OILC membership Poll added to main website

New RMT/OILC membership Poll added to main website

Home Forums General Union Information (General Discussion) New RMT/OILC membership Poll added to main website

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

A new poll has been added to the website to gauge which members of ROVworld.com are also members of the RMT/OILC.

Please looke to the left of the site for the poll and Vote!
    [All votes are anonymous]

Some RMT-OILC organisers are watching the result.

luckyjim37
    Participant

Just out of interest when the results are finally shown are you going to show the percentage of site members who did not vote. Just to give a fair indication of opinion. To my mind guys who do not respond may well be undecided on the subject.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

It is impossible to gauge the number of site members who do not vote because many ‘non voters’ may no longer visit the site nor see the poll.
    We don’t ‘cull’ the membership list of those who may be inactive members because it is pretty hard to define ‘inactive’

All we are trying to get here is a response from currently active members i.e. Those that currently visit and take the time to interact with the site. This will help give RMT/OILC an idea of how many members there are around here. The ‘No’ option is almost academic in that respect.

This poll asks a simple question: Are you an RMT-OILC member?
    The question was posed to see which members of this site are RMT members as well. It isn’t asking if people are undecided about uni0n membership or not.

All that is required is a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer. Those that are undecided would probably have trouble voting anyway.

We ran a poll on which uni0n people would join, among the answers was one that said: I would not join a uni0n.

The question was:

Would you join a Maritime Uni0n (eg-RMT) or an Engineering Uni0n (eg-Amicus)?

The answers/results were:

*Maritime 55.73% (214 votes)
      *Engineering 19.01% (73)
      *A different Uni0n 3.91% (15)
      *I would not join a Uni0n 21.35% (82)

There were a total of 384 votes.
    It was the poll with the greatest number of responses on this website since we started running polls in Dec 2003.

The original poll, still available for all to see is: HERE

At any time ongoing results for all polls can be viewed by clicking on the Results option in the poll itself.

Over on http://oilbeefhooked.co.uk a poll was started on Sun Nov 19, 2006.

Question: Are you an RMT member?

The answers/results were:

*Yes 91% (41 votes)
      *No 8% (4)

There were a total of 44 votes. (Not hard to work that one out 😉 )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar