Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? New Sonsub Singapore Vessel

New Sonsub Singapore Vessel

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? New Sonsub Singapore Vessel

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ozarka
    Participant

Hi – I’m new to the forum. Just heard that Sonsub Singapore has ordered a new DP2 vessel with ROV / Subsea Construction work.

Anyone else hear about this?

Anonymous

Yes.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Heaps of companies – every division of the O & G industry – have vessels on order. Once again, I’ll say it at the risk of sounding either redundant, a broken record (that’s vinyl youngins), or an ol’ fart….. You folks coming in this industry during this boom time have little or no idea of how lucky you are or how well-off this industry is at the moment…

liddelljohn
    Participant

23 new vessels on order for asia pacific area alone not including new ROVs .

but few of the old wrecks will be retired .

seadogg
    Participant

Whadda ya mean, a few of the old wrecks will be retired.

I’m not gonna go!

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

23 new vessels on order for asia pacific area alone not including new ROVs .

but few of the old wrecks will be retired .

Agreed, some of us elders should be retired!!

Ozarka
    Participant

Any idea of the time frame for this vessel?

I agree – these are great times for the industry. I believe the contractors are finally in a position to dictate things to the oil companies a bit more now.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Any idea of the time frame for this vessel?

I agree – these are great times for the industry. I believe the contractors are finally in a position to dictate things to the oil companies a bit more now.

Ozarka,

They are "dictating" a bit more to the oil companies (read: dayrates) but it "appears" that what’s been coming and going through their hands doesn’t actually equate with the present dayrates offered to us….

chubby
    Participant

More vessel owners / operators are buying 3rd party services, and packaging themselves as turn key operators, thus individual elements that used to be quoted / bid separately e.g. Survey, ROV, Inspection etc, have been absorbed somewhat into the vessel rates.

Rates have appreciated on the back of demand although in some resect contracting companies have aligned themselves with major operators. thus limiting their working opportunities.

liddelljohn
    Participant

Whadda ya mean, a few of the old wrecks will be retired.

I’m not gonna go!

i meant the old ship wrecks and rusty barges and collapsing rigs .they will soldier on until a recession in the industry or asian safetey revues catch up with europe.

a cull of personel even the idiots is unlikely….

Deepsea37
    Participant

They are idiots, their rates are going to undo their purpose of achieving goals to grow. One by one, people will move on. I hope they have enough Fillipinos to cover the work load.

chubby
    Participant

Sonsub S’pore is an Asian Operator, they will eventually run most of they ROV operations with locals… at the end of the day… TIA "this is Asia".

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar