Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work No ROV & Very Little Offshore Experience…..

No ROV & Very Little Offshore Experience…..

Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work No ROV & Very Little Offshore Experience…..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Colin Gaskin
    Participant

Exactly what it says on the tin gents,

I have enjoyed looking through the forum (will continue to do so) and after good advice on here, started contacting various recomended companies for a possible lead into the offshore industry. So while I wait for any possible replies, I thought I would take this opportunity to reach out to possibly the widest audience in the ROV industry on here and be candid about my experience and desire to learn. All in the hope that some of the experienced on here may be able to associate with my post or offer any useful information or leads.

I have no ROV experience……..not a smidge, but I do have 15 years of verifiable experience in the British Army as an Electrical, Mechanical Engineer and 3 years in the commercial sector as a Security Engineer. Various military qualifications and GNVQ’S involving the use of Hydraulics, Electric Motors, NDT Techniques, Instrument Inspection, Maintenance and Repair. Working in hostile and often austere conditions with long periods away from home.

If any of you can relate to starting out in this industry and can give a steer in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. More than happy to provide a CV and solid references.

I have posted in another section of the forum recently looking for advice into the courses situation. From the advice given I have decided go balls out and trust my Engineering experience and try and land a position before I do the courses. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Best of luck to all in 2013

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar