Home Forums General Financial, Tax and Insurance Norway tax question

Norway tax question

Home Forums General Financial, Tax and Insurance Norway tax question

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ullevi
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I completed a job in Norway. I was wondering if I’ve paid too much tax and if it’s worth paying a company a few hundred to pursue it for me?

Gross taxable = 16,300.89 GBP

Tax deducted = 4,348.47 GBP

Any advice welcome!

Cheers.

Ray Shields
    Participant

26% tax, thats quite good! Why would you think its too high?

Steve White
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I completed a job in Norway. I was wondering if I’ve paid too much tax and if it’s worth paying a company a few hundred to pursue it for me?

Gross taxable = 16,300.89 GBP

Tax deducted = 4,348.47 GBP

Any advice welcome!

Cheers.

Hi, I am not sure if you got and answer on this question. Was this for the full Norwegian tax year ? If you can lgive me some more information I would be happy to have a quick look at this for you – Gratis !

deepseacon
    Participant

while paying tax is a not a good idea for most it surely depends on if you gained or lost from your normal place of work ie your day rate was less than working in another sector why go to Norway.

the 10% extra some northsea operators pay for say uk contractors to come here is far to low.

Anyway many guys come here and never pay any tax.

turtle
    Participant

For US citizens there is no tax obligation to Norway if total days in Norway are less than 60 in a tax year. EU countries have a different tax agreement with Norway.

Steve White
    Participant

For US citizens there is no tax obligation to Norway if total days in Norway are less than 60 in a tax year. EU countries have a different tax agreement with Norway.

Surely the name of the game is to get the best return on gross income ignoring any uplift on daily rate compensation ? Most of my UK clients working onshore in Norway are achieving retention of around 70% of gross earnings. If working offshore this could be improved.

turtle
    Participant

huh?

Ray Shields
    Participant

Surely the name of the game is to get the best return on gross income ignoring any uplift on daily rate compensation ? Most of my UK clients working onshore in Norway are achieving retention of around 70% of gross earnings. If working offshore this could be improved.

So they are paying 30%? The OP appeared to have paid only 25% so I guess thats better.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

So they are paying 30%? The OP appeared to have paid only 25% so I guess thats better.

That’s so far. Lets see what transpires when the local tax authority (where the OP is resident) want their share as well. 🙄

Steve White
    Participant

That’s so far. Lets see what transpires when the local tax authority (where the OP is resident) want their share as well. 🙄

In addtion to that, the overall retention rate is likle to come down the more that is earned and falls above the higher SurTax threshold. When I quote 70% that is with earnings of gross Circa £100k.

Ray Shields
    Participant

In addtion to that, the overall retention rate is likle to come down the more that is earned and falls above the higher SurTax threshold. When I quote 70% that is with earnings of gross Circa £100k.

Ah, so you can’t be talking about ROV people because every day people are saying on here how poorly paid they are 😆 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar