Home Forums General Financial, Tax and Insurance Norway tax

Norway tax

Home Forums General Financial, Tax and Insurance Norway tax

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

If you did a couple of jobs in Norway through an agency and were
    responsible to sort out your own Norway tax,what would you do,if you
    had no intention of ever working in Norway again,had emigrated and left no forwarding address.Would you pay them the tax you owe,how would the theiving buggers catch up with you,if you never worked there again??.
    any suggestions please…..

kangaroo
    Participant

If it is an oil and gas job then the tax will be deducted before you see the money as far as my understanding is i.e PAYE. The agency should take the tax out and pay you the rest. It is then up to you to claim a portion of it back at the end of the year.

The only exemption from Norway tax is if you do a cable lay job that is not Oil and Gas related i.e. Telecommunciations cable.

That is my understanding, can anyone clarify this that has recently worked in Norway?

Anonymous

Hi kangaroo.I did the job as a contractor for an agency,and they didnt deduct any PAYE for Noggie tax,they said it was up to me to sort it out.
    But I never got round to it,as I had no intention of ever working there again….
    Ive heard nothing from them for over a year and Ive emigrated….

truered
    Participant

try these websites

http://www.norway.org.uk/policy/tax/tax.htm

http://www.skatteetaten.no/Templates/Artikkel.aspx?id=5506&epslanguage=NO

i found myself better off in sense that i could at least claim back some of the tax if my british claim was failing due to lack of days only need 135 ?days for norway to make a partial claim. also because it was foriegn i stayed out of the higher uk tax band.

haven’t been in norway for while now but hese sites have the latest info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar