Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? oceaneering losing 12 guys a month

oceaneering losing 12 guys a month

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? oceaneering losing 12 guys a month

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    star
    Participant

I just heard Oceaneering is loosing 12 guys a month!! people leaving in there Droves.. what in the hell is going on with them? 😯

misiuek
    Participant

Oceaneering

is a hint…

i’ve only heard horror stories shite pay, treatment , now its an employee market if your going to be away from home why do under that circumstances …….

star
    Participant

So who would you say is paying better? better treatment etc? where in the hell are all these guys going if leaving Oceaneering?

rovredneck
    Participant

Oceaneering in the states (G.O.M. primarily) hired 180 (+/-) last year and are looking to hire 200 this year. As far as where are the ones going that leave……..they go to Sonsub, Canyon, DMT, Subsea ITech, and several little "new" companies that have popped up all over the place with just two or three systems to their credit. This also includes the experienced guys as well.

But all these companies lose ppl too over the course of the year so its like musical chairs within the industry right now. As far as treatment…..well, its different for different ppl. One might like that company but not this company and someone else might be the total opposite. I can say that Oceaneering will give the best training and backup/support from the beach. But it lacks in other areas whereas other companies dont.

There are alot of new hires out there right now within the industry that are more at home with fixing your steak just the way you order it or how many sugars to add to your coffee than working on multi million dollar high tech equipment. On average out of a crew of 3 offshore rov guys only one of them has any experience what so ever and that is usually the supervisor who not only has to train the two new guys but has to take care of the job also.

I imagine that there is a high ratio of these types of guys that I stated above that dont work out and go back to working at Logans Steak House after a hitch or two. But a few do manage to hang on and learn something useful.

star
    Participant

It is fair to say, but What about all these experienced guys that have been in the industry long time??

ROVness
    Participant

The evolution of the ROV-industry?!

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Maybe it’s because the cable and trenching (flash in a pan) industry is kicking off again 🙂

Anonymous

Hi
    I was offered a job with Oceaneering some time ago, the rate was bad, very bad, they wanted me to work West Africa for 25 US $ extra a day. They wanted me to pay TAX, I do not know why, I do not pay tax where I live.

star
    Participant

i think you just argued against yourself in your first part of your statement Mr Rovredneck.. you said Oceaneering gives the best training then you say you get trainees that dont know too much???

rovredneck
    Participant

Re read it then. I said they get ppl that know little to nothing……to begin with. Oceaneering will train them and if they are meant for the ROV industry then they will stay on. Maybe not with OI but in the business somwhere or another. ROV pilots are not made over night. Its a series of trials and errors. I am not advocating OI by any means. Been there, done that, wont do it again.

star
    Participant

yes yes Mr redneck.. whatever. now tell me how does that song go , you know the one with the banjo

😆 😆

star
    Participant

enough said

cleeamollette
    Participant

hi,
    i’m new on this site and new in the ROV(1 year) i work for OI. i guess the problem change depending of how long you’re in the company. For me OI has a few stupid supervisor that make the peoples running away. At least it is my case and same for a few guys i know. i am tired to be treated like a idiot by some pepoles not as smart as they pretend to be. let’s remember that there is nothing on an ROV that is not used elswhere.
    About money, right now OI increase the salary about every 4 mounts. last one for 1st april concerning day rates and bonuses. I’m talking about at least 30 pounds a day increase. The way they treat peoples??? it appened to me, coming out the airport in Angola to don’t find any driver waiting for me. they told me they didn’t know what time i was arriving…….. lucky they are those who booked the flight and bought the ticket…… sometimes they send you stand by in an hotel; once there you wait, and wait and wait….. can be up to two weeks whitout leting you know anything. Finally a driver shows up early a morning and wonder: you’re not ready?
    guess guys that are with OI for a while would find some more…

piper
    Participant

I work for OI and am on my way out as well, make it 13 for this month then.

piedpiper
    Participant

I work for OI and am on my way out as well, make it 13 for this month then.

piper, why are you leaving ?

piedpiper

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar