Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Oceaneering problems

Oceaneering problems

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Oceaneering problems

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jason
    Participant

ever since i have joined oceaneering i have had problems. of recent i am sitting home more than working and the bills are piling up. i am still in the two year contract and was wondering if anyone has left oceaneering during their contract time. the contract states that i would have to repay my training if i left but i have heard of people leaving and not having to repay them. this is just hear say and i have no first hand knowledge. if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated.

piper
    Participant

Are you on retainer? If I was you I would starting floating CV with agencies see if you cant get work while you wait for them to make up their mind. Its easy once they have you sitting at home to last for quite a while. I doubt if anyone at Oceaneering will be any wiser if you went and did your 28 days out in Qatar or wherever with some agency.

Johnny Bravo
    Participant

There are a lot of guys in your position, I was in their training last year and most of the guys from our class sat at home for ages after it without a trip.

3 guys moved to the AME region and 3 including myself left and went contracting/back to their old jobs.

All you can do is email your operations manager and ask what the script is regarding work but if you are in the Asia Pacific region don’t hold your breath to be honest.

deepseacon
    Participant

Which office makes you sign a 2 year contract stating you need to repay your training fees to them if you dont see your contract out?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Piper ………………… You are a wind up merchant and a Muppet 😀

Mike McEwan
    Participant

Bubba what regions are you in? For some reason I am guessing your in the Gulf. What grade are you? It has been pretty busy for the last couple of years so can’t understand why you wouldn’t be working.

alex yap kok loong
    Participant

I notice nowdays trainees who new in the game are starting to play political , personal agenda , bitch all day , day dreaming , back stabing and lazy…I hope u can pack your stuff and get the hell out of this company….

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Piper ………………… You are a wind up merchant and a Muppet 😀

But at least what Piper posted was useful input for the thread.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

ever since i have joined oceaneering i have had problems. of recent i am sitting home more than working and the bills are piling up. i am still in the two year contract and was wondering if anyone has left oceaneering during their contract time. the contract states that i would have to repay my training if i left but i have heard of people leaving and not having to repay them. this is just hear say and i have no first hand knowledge. if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated.

Surely OI must have agreed to give you xxx offshore days a year or similar? Makes no sense to train you and pay you to sit at home (if indeed you are on a basic monthly salary). If you are getting nothing from OI then either do what pipers says and look around for some agency work, or approach OI and agree to severe the contract amicably. They can’t hold you to ransom… any court in the land would know that.

matthew brown
    Participant

i work for them to, im having the same problems also. i have been with them for 2 yeas now and its the same thing over and over with them. i am currently trying to get a job with CI.

Bubba you can leave, one of the guys from my class left not long after training. he didnt even spend a day offshore and trust me, OII has made their money off of you already. especially when they charge the client more then 2000 a day for you.

leave brother and dont look back! use your training else wheres.

matthew brown
    Participant

Surely OI must have agreed to give you xxx offshore days a year or similar? Makes no sense to train you and pay you to sit at home (if indeed you are on a basic monthly salary). If you are getting nothing from OI then either do what pipers says and look around for some agency work, or approach OI and agree to severe the contract amicably. They can’t hold you to ransom… any court in the land would know that.

As far as my knowledge the contract does not guarantee a # of days offshore. We get paied hourly with no day rate nor do we get paied to sit at home. OII is a very shady company and its all about the "good ol boy system". They could care less if you work or not. I live 2 min from the shop and they wont even let me go to the yard and work.

Richard
    Participant

I am in the same situation.

Since May 1st I have completed 14 whole days offshore!

I have simulator flying time only and despite having a strong technical background, completing the TUC course (I know, I know) and then going on to score very well on my new hire course in Batam I find myself sitting at home.

I regularly contact resources and get told to be patient!!!

Some of my classmates from TUC now have over 200 hours on a variety of different equipment, started through agencies and then got offered employed work after proving themselves in the workplace.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar