Home Forums General Financial, Tax and Insurance Offshore Banks

Offshore Banks

Home Forums General Financial, Tax and Insurance Offshore Banks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Black
    Participant

Can anybody suggest a good offshore bank account

Anonymous

HI
    You can have my bank account 😉

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

HI
    You can have my bank account 😉

8) Duuuooh!

deepseacon
    Participant

Try this one

http://www.abbeyinternational.com/

Based in Jersey Channel islands

Currently 5.4% on the instant access account gross

Cabledog
    Participant

HSBC is agood way to go, again in the channel islands. If you can though, open one in dubai, make life much easier, especially f you can raise your invoices from there as there is no tax or vat.

Good luck
    Dog

Savante
    Participant

I know there must be a good reason re tax, etc, but why do you go for an offshore bank account? What are the rules – is it not taking money into the UK or something that you don’t pay tax on? Where do you pay the tax in the end? Is this really only appropriate for people living ex-patria?

I read a heap of stuff on the bbc and times regarding the HMRC kicking and fining people "up the waaazooo" for tax unpaid from offshore bank accounts. The armistice ended in the last 4 weeks – I try to live life without disturbing the taxmen as I find it costs me shed loads.

Is there any benefit? PM me please as I am really interested in doing this.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

To all,

I’ve heard of a few horror stories involving the tax leeches but a few of those guys that had their lives turned inside out and put through the ringer weren’t of the brightest luminescence. For example: a dude came back from offshore, bought a Roller and literally rolled it. Had it towed to the Roller shop and proceeded to buy a year-old one whilst the Roller-that-should’ve-been-written-off was in the shop. The folks around the modest, proper middle-class were throwing question marks all over the fair land. Many knew the dude was a North Sea Driller but didn’t actually realize what the guy was paid. There were other flags to be seen such as: an enclosed, heated pool in the back garden (so much for cuttin’ da’ hay wot’?)…. So ya’ know where I’m going with this…..Consider yourselves bank-robbers and don’t "flash-da’-cash". Buy your dreamhouse in another country (go there 3 times a year, rent it out the rest OR Ummmmm…. move there) and clean your own gutters and windows….

centurion
    Participant

http://www.angloirishbank.co.im/

Based in the Isle of Man, they also have a branch in Dubai.

Currently 5.95% on Sterling instant access accounts and 5.25% on dollars.

subseascott
    Participant

So how hard is to actually get some cash in your hand in the UK etc. from the above accounts. Do their current accounts allow you to withdraw cash from high street ATM’s or do you transfer funds into a secondary account?

Cheers guys……

subseascott
    Participant

So how hard is to actually get some cash in your hand in the UK etc. from the above accounts. Do their current accounts allow you to withdraw cash from high street ATM’s or do you transfer funds into a secondary account?

Cheers guys……

Cabledog
    Participant

Ok Guys,

Pay your full wages into your off shore account, you have two options A pay the uk taxman on what is actually them or B the bank pays the uk taxman a TOKEN amount to the tax man without revealing your details/amount in the said account, therefore the bank keeps it’s customers and is happy as is the tax many. If I can upload the application form I filled out fr HSBC you will see the to options.

The other way is to pay your wages to off shore account, pay youself enough to cover the bills etc and issue yourself a payslip with tax and ni deductions pay to the revenue. You use your ATM card for all other cash you need. This is also legal by the way.
    I just hope it makes sense 😆

Ray Shields
    Participant

Ok Guys,

Pay your full wages into your off shore account, you have two options A pay the uk taxman on what is actually them or B the bank pays the uk taxman a TOKEN amount to the tax man without revealing your details/amount in the said account, therefore the bank keeps it’s customers and is happy as is the tax many. If I can upload the application form I filled out fr HSBC you will see the to options.

The other way is to pay your wages to off shore account, pay youself enough to cover the bills etc and issue yourself a payslip with tax and ni deductions pay to the revenue. You use your ATM card for all other cash you need. This is also legal by the way.
    I just hope it makes sense 😆

Can you quote any references or pointers towards your statement "this is also legal".

As far as I was aware as an employee under UK law you have to pay tax on any earnings, it doesnt matter where in the world you earn them (unless of course you are paying tax on it in another country, i.e. you cannot not pay any tax).

The only advantage in having an offshore account is that the interest is paid gross each month, meaning you have more in your account to earn interest on. At the end of the tax year, you then have to pay the taxman the tax you owe.

The fact the money is not in the UK does not make it tax free. There are few legal tax avoidance schemes but still a few illegal tax evasion ones.

Info on Offshore Banks can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offshore_bank and http://www.shelteroffshore.com/index.php/offshore/more/offshore_banking_advantage/

Savante
    Participant

Relevant to offshore accounts – probably important….

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6766879.stm

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Ray,

What about the tax laws for the UK citizens holding a seamans book, working out of the country for 180 days, and for guys not working on rigs as well as divers??

Cabledog
    Participant

Ray,

whether or not you pay tax in the uk depends on where the invoice is raised. If that is say Norway then you pay Noggie tax if that happens to be Dubai then you do not, only on what you bring into the uk. hence the payslip etc. have a look at http://www.global-worldwide.net and speak to them. They will clear up any questions anyone has on how this can work for you and still keep the taxman happy (which is the most important thing in this)

Dog

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar