Home Forums General General Board OFFSHORE physical Needs VA Records?

OFFSHORE physical Needs VA Records?

Home Forums General General Board OFFSHORE physical Needs VA Records?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    brad
    Participant

Hey guys I hate for my first post to be a question, but unfortunately it is. Oceaneering offered me a PT trainnee slot and I of course accepted because I have zero experience on the subject. At my physical the doc noticed I checked prior injury to my shoulder and now he is not clearing me until they get a copy of my va medical records stating all the details.
    IT’s not that i’m hiding anything but dealing with the va is murder.
    Any thoughts on what they are looking for?
    Will this screw up my job offer?
    any and all help is appreceiated.
    DOG

Andy
    Participant

PM your email address – I have a suggestion!

brad
    Participant

Well looks like everything checked out. I am the newest trainee of Oceannering Int. Morgan City, LA.
    Thanks dude been a ton of help.
    Any advice regarding this new endeavor?
    J

Andy
    Participant

Glad everything sorted – and congrats! 😀

No ROV experience/advice from me, im a trainee waiting to start myself!

Looking forward to sharing my experiences tho over the first 12 months tho.

David Sherry
    Participant

well done on gaining your new position. I hope you enjoy the work 🙂

brad
    Participant

got any advice?

ROVSKI
    Participant

BlackDog, enthusiasm is a quality much admired and often commented upon. A willingness to listen and learn is also valued. Sometimes the grumpy old dogs may start off telling you something you already know but if you persevere and continue listening they often share some knowledge that you don’t know just yet. If you get some free time at work read the Tech logs and manuals this will go a long way to earning some respect and increase the willingness of your workmates to continue sharing their experience and knowledge. Don’t rush and double check your work, do it once and do it right. If your not sure about something don’t be afraid to ask questions. Don’t be a smart arse, remember you need the knowledge on offer a lot more than those teaching need you. Be patient with your workmates, a raw recruit placed in a team instead of an experienced hand increases the workload of the other members in the team. Good luck and have fun.

brad
    Participant

Thanks man that’s some good gouge. I will definitely be taking that advice to heart. I’m a little older than the average trainee and I hope that I’m up to the task. Thanks guys I plan on picking the brains of the skilled and seasoned on here ad hoc.
    J

james
    Participant

I’m in the same situation as the OP. What was the advice?

brad
    Participant

pm sent

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar