Home Forums General General Board Oil price 62 dollars

Oil price 62 dollars

Home Forums General General Board Oil price 62 dollars

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    deepseacon
    Participant

Oil price hits six-month high above 62 dollars

So all the oil company CEO’S will be laughing again there bonuses will be secure

@62 dollars some may wished they never delayed some projects and layed staff off.

Oil has hardly ever been over this value apart from a period recently of 12 months peaking at over 150

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090520/bs_afp/commoditiesenergyoilpricehigh_20090520160432

LONDON (AFP) – The price of New York oil struck 62.14 dollars a barrel on Wednesday, the highest level since November 10, as traders reacted to a bigger-than-expected drop in US crude reserves and the weak US currency.

The new price peak came after the US government’s Department of Energy (DoE) announced that American oil inventories tumbled 2.1 barrels in the week ending May 15.

That was far more than market expectations of a 700,000-barrel drop and indicated that energy demand was holding firm despite a deep recession in the United States.

In earlier afternoon trade, New York’s main contract, light sweet crude for July delivery, had already surged past 61 dollars per barrel in anticipation of falling US crude stocks.

Oil also won support from the weak greenback which makes dollar-priced crude cheaper for buyers holding stronger currencies — and therefore tends to stimulate demand.

In the foreign exchange market, the dollar sank Wednesday to a four-month low against the euro as rebounding Wall Street shares encouraged investors to switch away from the safe-haven US currency.

In London afternoon trade, the European single currency advanced to 1.3792 dollars. That was the highest point since January 8 and compared with 1.3634 dollars late in New York on Tuesday.

JL Schnabel
    Participant

This is ❗ good ❗ news – thank you deepseacon.

Anonymous

Hi
    I would like to see 120US$ again 😆 😆

JL Schnabel
    Participant

😈 Yep, I’ll second that one deepdown. 😈

James McLauchlan
    Participant

62 dollars is healthy and will sustain offshore activity at a reasonable level no matter what the doom and gloom credit crunch merchants say.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

It should be around $70 – 75 to be at a good stable rate.

saphire7
    Participant

Economist ?? $70 -$75. How did you work that out then? 🙄

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

No, Im not an economics major…. However, in the past 3 months in: Zawya, Alexanders Oil & Gas, Subsea News, and a few other reports the speculators and movers / shakers have hinted at this price.

BTW – how many of you can say that you have no mortgage with: 2 houses, 1 condo, 3 apt., and approx. 75 acres of agri-land (also making $$$). No… not an ecomonics major. Went to the school of hard-knocks…

saphire7
    Participant

If i had 2 houses, 1 condo, 3 apt and approx. 75 acres of agri-land and no mortgage mate i certainly wouldn’t be working offshore……period.
    😕
    😆

James McLauchlan
    Participant

……………….

BTW – how many of you can say that you have no mortgage with: 2 houses, 1 condo, 3 apt., and approx. 75 acres of agri-land (also making $$$)…………..

Not many I would guess, me included!

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

If i had 2 houses, 1 condo, 3 apt and approx. 75 acres of agri-land and no mortgage mate i certainly wouldn’t be working offshore……period.
    😕
    😆

Heh, heh,

Last wheezing gasp for getting the cash outta em’….

rovpilot
    Participant

No, Im not an economics major…. However, in the past 3 months in: Zawya, Alexanders Oil & Gas, Subsea News, and a few other reports the speculators and movers / shakers have hinted at this price.

BTW – how many of you can say that you have no mortgage with: 2 houses, 1 condo, 3 apt., and approx. 75 acres of agri-land (also making $$$). No… not an ecomonics major. Went to the school of hard-knocks…

Wheres your land? Let me know if your going to sell

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Wheres your land? Let me know if your going to sell

Only 4 acres mate and that is a rice paddy only…. the rest is for retirement….

zincanode
    Participant

Scotbeve is spot on with the oil price. Three weeks ago BP said 60 dollars was their break-even (a bit high I thought but that’s Bloody Pain for you) and many companies were looking for oil to stabilise around 75 dollars by year end – just about what OPEC were hinting at this week.

BUT…having forced a pay-cut and squeezed the labour market by delaying projects it’ll be quite a few months yet before the rates of last autumn are reinstated by the suits. Also, it’s probable that the nasty areas will pick up first and we know that every company seems to have had an excuse for chopping the West Africa allowances. It’s still worth playing hard to get if you made some cash last year.

Slightly off-topic – my nephew has just gone out to Africa for a survey company (GEMS) who are paying NO Nigeria allowance – on the basis that most of the survey crew are probationers who are lucky to get a job after their previous company (UTEC) folded earlier this month.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

What Utter Barstards 👿

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar