Home Forums Safety, Survival Courses & Medicals Offshore Safety/Survival Courses OLF survival and Norweigian Medical in Asia

OLF survival and Norweigian Medical in Asia

Home Forums Safety, Survival Courses & Medicals Offshore Safety/Survival Courses OLF survival and Norweigian Medical in Asia

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    SMURF
    Participant

Hi All,
    I’m based in Asia but looking to work in Norweigian sector.
    Can anybody tell me if there are any training facilities available in Asia who provide OLF accredited offshore survival course and also perform Norweigian medical?
    I rather not fly all the way to Aberdeen or to Norway to get them.

mudflap276
    Participant
    Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

For training in Asia:
    MSTS Asia
    CTSI
    SMTC

SMURF
    Participant

Thanks guys but as I noticed all the training facilities offer OPITO courses.
    I have looked at all the sites before asking this question.
    Looks like I will have to make that trip.

gr8
    Participant

Hi All,
    Can anybody tell me if there are any training facilities available in Asia who provide OLF accredited offshore survival course and also perform Norweigian medical?

I noticed all the training facilities offer OPITO courses.

I thought that it is what you looking for…

GraemeRSU
    Participant

Well don’t got to the one’s that have you sitting in the helicopter ditching simulator whilst breathing via air fed oxygen mask until it’s your turn to swim out.

Happened to my brother who was over in South Korea

First thing he did once he got back to work was demand that his company put him through the course again but in the UK as he felt the the training in Korea was a farce and should not have been opito accredited.

So they did.

turtle
    Participant

For Norwegian Medical in Bangkok :
    Dr Vatana Supromajakr
    Bumrungrad Hospital

SMURF
    Participant

Hey guys, I just wanted the OLF, Norweigian survival. I already have the OGUK, (UKOOA).
    I am just waiting for a reply from CTSI in Manila.
    I live in Japan and there are no internationally approved training facility in Japan or Korea.
    BTW, the cheapest one for OGUK survival is IDEES in Subic, Philippines.
    US$600 for BOSIET.
    Thanks about the info on the Norweigian physical in Bangkok.
    He does both UK and Norweigian. I am trying to get his mail address, does anyone know by chance?

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I am trying to get his mail address, does anyone know by chance?

Dr Vatana Supromajakr is Oil &
    Gas UK (Formally UKOOA) approved with PIN Number OGUK/2009/1287.

No email but his phone number is: +66 2 6671000

Cost approx. 9000 baht.

SMURF
    Participant

Cheers, Jamesmc!!
    For any of you guys in Asia trying to get OLF survival, no such place in Asia. I have looked into this further. Go to OLF web site, look under guidelines and click on list of training facilities. It will show you all the available locations, Norway, UK and Denmark.
    Also with the medical. Go to Norwegian Maritime Directorate site and their is a list of doctors who perform the medical.
    So, no more need for advises!! Thanks all for responses!!
    Hope your year is a busy and prosperous one!! 8)

iROV
    Participant

The rules have changed again,

Communication received from OLF
    “With reference to the "Mutual Agreement" between the United Kingdom (Oil & Gas UK), Denmark (NSOC-D), the Netherlands (NOGEPA) and Norway (OLF), regarding basic safety and emergency preparedness training there is, according to OLF’s position, no requirement for maintaining the OLF approvals given to basic safety training centres located outside of Norway.

Only training centres located in Norway will maintain OLF approval.

The same applies for any approvals given by the Petroleums industry Center for Quality and Quality Assurance (PSK) performed on behalf of OLF.

Hence, the "Mutual Agreement" is fully recognized by OLF, and thus, the term "OLF approved safety training center" is from now on only applicable to a safety training center approved by OLF (or by PSK on behalf of OLF) located in Norway.”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar