Home Forums Miscellaneous Odds and Sods One ROV deploys another?

One ROV deploys another?

Home Forums Miscellaneous Odds and Sods One ROV deploys another?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jon Fritsch
    Participant

Has anybody ever seen a rov that can deploy a smaller rov? 😕

R2D2
    Participant

There are a few systems which are deployed by modified host vehicles.

1st one that comes to mind is an Oceaneering version which wasn’t much more than a larger-than-needed observation vehicle. Clumsy and unreliable. The name slips my memory for now. The one I saw spent most of its life in a corner, hidden under canvas.

2nd is the AC-ROV advertised on this website. Very impressive and I think it is just what OI were trying to achieve all those years ago.

Let us know of more when you find them?

Cheers,

Ray Shields
    Participant

TXL27 onboard Skandi Carla deployed 4 or 5 micro ROVs during an inspection job, I think James has posted a picture of it on here some time back, but it was a one off job.

Oceaneering Magnum vehicle had a Minimum ROV deployed from a skid beneath it.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

AC-CESS have a micro-rov rated to -5000m with it’s own tether handling system. The whole lot tacks on to a larger host vehicle.

Martin Wareham
    Participant

1st one that comes to mind is an Oceaneering version which wasn’t much more than a larger-than-needed observation vehicle. Clumsy and unreliable. The name slips my memory for now. The one I saw spent most of its life in a corner, hidden under canvas.

Hydra Minimum 😳

http://www.oceaneering.com/oceandocuments/rates/2010-oceaneering-rov-rates-asia.pdf

Check out the Spectrum in the same document, does it look familiar to anyone?

James McLauchlan
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar