Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Orbis Engineering

Orbis Engineering

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Orbis Engineering

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Stevenson
    Participant

I would like to apologise to all of you who have applied to my last advert for ROV pilots and Supervisors for the Persian Gulf.

I would like to state this was not a CV gathering exercise and that the jobs were real. However, we will not be putting anyone forward for these roles for the following reasons.

The client seems to have a problem paying their invoices, I have had several reports from people who have worked for them directly and they are very slow at paying or they do not pay at all.

I am also getting conflicting information about the job and I am not prepared to mobilize anyone unless we can provide a full brief of the role etc and this information has not been forthcoming.

rovkaka
    Participant

Thank you .. and good luck

cheers

andyrose
    Participant

Thanks for being up front and taking the time to bother to explain.

Andy

liddelljohn
    Participant

Good work on your part , saved yourself a possible big financial hurt.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Andy

Good post… Thanks for the clarification.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

It’s refreshing to see an agency being honest / upfront. Instead of the "we need you now (drop what you’re doing) and come out at this paltry rate for us". "The job? Oh, it’s just fine… good conditions, good crew, etc."

sedco
    Participant

So, Scorpion 23, the company that owns it are slow in paying their bills eh.

A quick Google search should should keep all rovworlders from being out of pocket.

James, if you think it’s OK to mention the company name go right ahead.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I don’t know much about the company that own Scorpion 23, nor do I have first hand experience of their payment procedures.

However, it appears (to the world as common knowledge on a Google search) that a Middle East company called Akam Industry currently own the ROV system mentioned in the previous post and that shows as being installed on a vessel called the MV Akam.

Prior to that I believe the vessel was owned by another Middle East company called Kito Enterprises (LLC) and was then called the The Persian Pioneer. That also had the same Scorpion 23 system on it.

I remain neutral in my opinion as to the financial dealings of the two above named Middle East based companies, as do I also not hold an opinion as to the state of the vessel nor the ROV system mentioned.

However, experience tells me that I wouldn’t be remotely interested in working on such a vessel nor that system, in that part of the world, but maybe that’s just me being picky 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar