Home Forums General Union Information (General Discussion) Overseas OILC-RMT Members – How do they pay?

Overseas OILC-RMT Members – How do they pay?

Home Forums General Union Information (General Discussion) Overseas OILC-RMT Members – How do they pay?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

Neil,

For the guys that are not UK residents that I know and have spoken with are (now) willing to join the OILC, we have a few questions of course. The most important one is: Since not having either a bank in UK or a debit system, is it possible to pay membership dues by bank draft or TT?

Scot

I pay annually by credit card. Any old card will do…. Mastercard, Visa etc. Can all be done over the phone by calling the RMT London number. What ever you do (or anyone else for that matter) make sure they damn well know that it is the OILC Offshore Energy workers branch of the RMT you wish to be registered under.

I’ll also bring this up directly in the OILC EiE forum…. so that the payment options can be confirmed.

Get over there ASAP Scot. We need another couple of board mods for the ROV board. 😉

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Admin note: This is a new thread formed by splitting off a couple of posts from the slave labour thread.

Neil,

For the guys that are not UK residents that I know and have spoken with are (now) willing to join the OILC, we have a few questions of course. The most important one is: Since not having either a bank in UK or a debit system, is it possible to pay membership dues by bank draft or TT?

James McLauchlan
    Participant

The following has been added to the OILC-RMT branch forum:

On the ROV side of things, and no doubt other vocations, there are members that reside overseas but still wish to be part of the OILC branch of the RMT.

A question was asked over at the ROVworld.com forum (under the ‘union board – general discussion’) on how such members can pay to join and maintain membership of the RMT.

I suggested a credit card can be used to pay annually because I know this works, but does the RMT have any way of accepting regular monthly payments from overseas members who may not have a UK bank account and therefore cannot pay by direct debit, and whom would also be self employed so the salary deduct method wouldn’t work either.

If the OILC-RMT is to draw in international members in support of the offshore energy workers initiative there needs to be more flexibility in payment receiving methods.

PayPal is one option. Monthly payments can be made using PayPal and it’s a very heap way of doing so. The RMT would need a PayPal account for this to work.
    An annual bank transfer could be another method whereby the members pays annually to the RMT bank account. An IBAN number and other account details would need to be supplied.

best regards

I will add a further update should a solution be forthcoming.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

James,

Thanks for splitting / creating a new thread for this important and (hopefully) soon to be large following. I would have split it but the internet here is absolutely abysmal!

James, I’m on my way… After 7 Oct.

Yes, Paypal would be the way to go James / Neil… please note. And I’ll be in touch with you (Neil) in a few days.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar