Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Personal Underwater ROVs

Personal Underwater ROVs

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Personal Underwater ROVs

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ihab
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    Looking to buy a ROV. Hoping someone can help me.
    Criteria.
    1. My budget $50,000 to $65,000.
    2. It should be able to grab sea cucumbers from depths of 25 meters to 100 meters with an arm. So something stable and sensitive to the control.
    3. Should be able to work at 1.5 to 2 knots.

Here are companies I have already spoken with.

Seaeye (Falcon) – best i have seen so far but too expensive.
    Video Ray (Pro 4 ultra and standard) – cheaper and within my budget but not sure if it has a good sensitive control so would be really helpful if someone who has had some experience with this model can contact me.
    Deep Trekker (worker) – even cheaper than the pro 4 ultra base but again not sure how well it can maneuver.

So any thoughts on who i should approach next or is the pro 4 the best for its buck?

pm me @ "the.ibrahim.rasheed@gmail.com"

Savante
    Participant

If you are grabbing seacucumbers I would save the money and build yourself something akin to a great big open-frame clump weight. Go for as stable a platform as possible and land over your target area.

2kts is going to be difficult to fly in, even with the high thrust to weight ratio and effectively it sounds like you could place an open frame with a manipulator arm inside it with some video cameras and a basket.

Pro4 – forget it in our opinion.

Go to the seatronics website and go hunt for a DTS6000 to see what I’m on about. Then build your own !!

Would probably reccomend a saab hydrolek manip (think recent saab acquisition?) and a few cheapo CCD cameras. 25-100m you can get them each for 100 pounds.

If you need a control system we can put one together for you much cheapness but you’ll have more fun doing it yourself and it’ll be easier to maintain and operate.

Ihab
    Participant

I don’t know how to build a ROV and I am really working non stop to even sit down and learn how to. If you do this sort of projects can you make me an offer. You know what sort of ROV I want and you know my budget.

Thank You

Seatronics DTS 6000 how does it move around can it hover and move like the other ROVs?

Alan
    Participant

First of all you need to find such a gentle manipulator to grab those cucumbers) May be divers do it more effectively? Surely you can pick up sea anmals like crabs and so on from the bottom , but what about time/cost ratio?

Ihab
    Participant

well for ROVs time is not a problem only a willing person on the serface.
    so in the long run it’ll pay up big time.

my only problem is I have no experience with ROVs. I joined ROVworld to learn as much as i can without going to another country.

So guys anything you can share with me is going to help me big time.

Savante
    Participant

Are you running from a small boat? I should have asked; assumptions n whatnot.

Send an email to grant.thomson@savante.co.uk

rov_er
    Participant

Have a look at Ageotec,

the Sirio model should be ok for your needs and it’s cheaper than Seaeye, yet the quality is reasonable.

http://www.ageotec.com/products/rov-underwater-technologies/

Alan
    Participant

The Sirio model seems to be inspection vehicle. What about Perseo GTV?

Ihab
    Participant

Hey guys sorry for the late reply.. I found the rov I wanted and it meets all my requirements.

The rov is built to harvest sea cucumbers and is really cheap with a price tag of 20000 USD… Just one thing I feel its too good to be true.

Does any one have any experience with the rov called Orca B-4T by Weihai Future Robot Co.,Ltd in China.

Please contact me if have any information ok guys ..

here is my email add the.ibrahim.rasheed@gmail.com

Black Dog
    Participant

Orca B-4T by Weihai Future Robot Co., Ltd :-

http://kenqi.en.ec21.com/Orca-B_ROVs–7398831_7398832.html

Ihab
    Participant

@ black dog do you know of any one who has experience with Orca B-4T. I just want to know for sure if it can do what i want …. I mean really make sure …

ps: I have spoken with the Weihai Future Robot Co., Ltd people and they seem like good guys and this is my best bet but I still really want to chat with someone who has real experience in the field not from the company if you know what I mean !!

If anyone knows someone I can speak or chat with please let me know…..

thanks

Alan
    Participant

Don’t you want to be the first, mate?:)
    Ask them for a demo video, maybe it will shed a light on this ROV.

Ihab
    Participant

hmm I should. 🙂
    will post my thoughts after I get there reply.

Alan
    Participant

Here is not much info about such special kind of ROV’s, so it would be great to hear all the news from you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar