Petronas Medical and LPS Safety

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andy Matthews
    Participant

Anyone have info on the above? I’ll be going before a job in Malaysia.

Thanks

K2
    Participant

Medical is a standard medical for offshore workers with a couple of extra bits to suit Petronas, nothing to worry about.

LPS is Exxon’s own safety course and is a requirement for all to attend before working for Exxon/ entering an Exxon field. Basic multi choice exam after the course, you should get 100% unless you sleep through it, then again, you should get 100% if you did sleep through it 🙂 Basic safety stuff, nothing to worry about.

Have a good trip.

K2

Andy Matthews
    Participant

Thanks K2, figured as much. Just 2 more to add to my CV.

Kalbo
    Participant

Yeah as said the Petronas medical is pretty standard, I did mine in Johur last year and was in & out within 30mins.

The LPS is a full day course. When we did that in March it was taking around 3 days after to get clearance before you could enter the field.

Another requirement for Exxon is that you have done the TSBB (travel safely by boat course) some people get this as part of the survival course and others do not, they have to attend a half day course that actually just took 40 minutes!

Which field you heading out to? Tapis has big re-generation project going on at the moment expected to run through into next year, several vessels & barges are there with ROV & dive spreads.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar