Home Forums General Union Information (General Discussion) Problems at Noordhoek?

Problems at Noordhoek?

Home Forums General Union Information (General Discussion) Problems at Noordhoek?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

Recently an email was forwarded to me which may be of interested to ROV RMT members, if there are any left that is.

See below:

Sent: 16 November 2010 10:48
    To: xxxxxxxx
    Subject: NOORDHOEK

Dear colleagues,

I write to ask if any of you have been recently employed by Noordhoek and have not been paid. If this is the case, please can you get in touch with me with copies of your invoices and your membership numbers as we have contacted our solicitors over this issue.

However, I must make it clear that this is for paid-up RMT members only.

Kind regards

Pauline Akrill
    Industrial Relations
    Tel: 020 7529 8827
    Fax: 020 7529 8283

subman
    Participant

Hi James

Just seen that there DP boat the Noordhoek Singapore has just been sold :-

Marcon International of Coupeville, Washington has reported the sale of Noordhoek Singapore.

The 65.65m x 14.05m, Dutch flagged, multi-purpose construction, dive and ROV support vessel (ex-Serviceman, ex-Smit Marlin, ex-Smit-Lloyd 61) was sold by Noordhoek Offshore BV of Zierikzee, The Netherlands to Nigerian buyers.

Well one more company hits the dust .

Cheers

Subman

James McLauchlan
    Participant

If I remember correctly that was an old tub of a converted supply boat anyway, I doubt if it’ll be missed.

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

The delayed sale of the Noordhoek Singapore to a Nigerian company brought some financial problems to Noordhoek.
    Guess everything should be sorted around this time.

T.O.S. offers maritime services for Singapore Inspector

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

Latest news concerning Noordhoek:

As of April 19, 2011, Noordhoek Offshore BV and Noordhoek Shipping 2 BV have filed for bankrupcy.

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

And as of today, Noordhoek Marine Services BV and Seatec Underwater Systems BV have filed for bankrupcy too.

subman
    Participant

Well Noordhoek may have filed for bankrupcy but there still Trading as I just received a email today from them today seems they have a Pipeline Survey with a Seaeye Panther in the North Sea and there looking for a crew .

There not hiring direct but via a agency ( kenna Associates ) of London .

So there story goes on .

Cheers

Subman

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

As mentioned above 4 associates of Noordhoek have filed for bankrupcy and 73 people have been fired.
    The DSV "Noordhoek Constructor" seems to be under charter by Smit.

The company Noordhoek Survey BV and their charter vessel "Noordhoek Pathfinder" isn’t bankrupted…yet.

See here: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hotforum.nl%2Fforum%2Fnoordhoek%2F&sl=nl&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

subman
    Participant

Sounds like a cat with nine lives and so it goes on , The main thing is if you work for them would you get paid ?

Sounds more like Mr Noordhoek is not dead yet .

Cheers

Subman

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Funny thing is…………………….
    I was approached by an agency two days ago asking if I would like to go work for them ? They garunteed pennies but ………….. I declined the kind offer 😯

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

Noordhoek Group in concluding stage of relaunch

After a turbulent period the Noordhoek Group is in the concluding stage of a relaunch. By attracting external capital the company is to proceed to operate at the same location in Zierikzee, while the vast majority of the quality staff will be able to join the company. The Investment company Value Enhancement Partners from Amsterdam will obtain in a majority share and will be supported by the Noordhoek family and Hanzevast, the owner of the "Noordhoek Pathfinder".

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar