Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training Qualifications and ROV’s

Qualifications and ROV’s

Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training Qualifications and ROV’s

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    douggie
    Participant

Has anyone succeeded in the ROV industry without andy engineering/construction skills? Also Can you make a good career without formal qualificationes like GCSE’s etc?

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Black Dog
    Participant

ROV

James McLauchlan
    Participant

douggie

This isn’t an unskilled job. Just one look at what ROV’s are all about will give you a good indication that there is far more to it than just turning up on deck.

Preid
    Participant

NO!

I second that

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Douggie , like in most jobs qualifications help , A/ That you have the background experience needed and B/ Shows you have a degree of intelligence to begin with .
    I am hoping that you are someone who , for a valid reason was unable to acquire qualifications in which case you could possibly get in to the industry due to knowing someone or right place at the right time and proves to someone else that you are a grafter and a likeable personality.
    BUT If you are someone who basically has no qualifications because you couldn’t be bothered earlier in life , then you are a time waster that would not last that long in the Offshore Industry full stop !
    Become a Labour politician or a Uni0n leader 😀

douggie
    Participant

Hey guys I do have qualifications in English and maths, and I’m going in the Navy at the end of August as a Marine engineer. I had a bad time through school hence why i didn’t do well but since then i’ve my balls off lol to get my grades sorted and determined to succeed in either case. 😀

Andy Shiers
    Participant

All I can say then is ………………
    Good luck with the job interviews .
    The chappie interviewing you will also be looking for someone without hang-ups and is a likable fellow to boot !
    It’s the ‘Team spirit’ thing which you definately need when working in this industry.
    Oh , and a sense of humour 🙂

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Hey guys I do have qualifications in English and maths, and I’m going in the Navy at the end of August as a Marine engineer. I had a bad time through school hence why i didn’t do well but since then i’ve my balls off lol to get my grades sorted and determined to succeed in either case. 😀

In which case I would suggest you do some time as a marine engineer and then, if you are still interested in ROV’s, take a look back at the industry in a few years from now. At which time your marine engineer experience will be useful experience to have.

Good luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar