Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Rhyl flats North wales

Rhyl flats North wales

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Rhyl flats North wales

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    steele
    Participant

Hi all , Just a quick question . Does anyone know who has the contract for the wind farm off the coast off of North Wales ?

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant
    effinreps
    Participant

On 3rd December 2008, the Department of Energy and Climate Change granted consent to Npower Renewables, to build and operate the 750 megawatt (MW) Gwynt y Môr Offshore Wind Farm off the coast of North Wales.
    However the project is being challenged by the local MP and by anti-wind farm group Save Our Scenery, no prizes for guessing the basis of their objection. Short sighted Muppets!!!!!

Friends of the Earth Cymru, WWF Cymru and the Sustainable Energy Alliance (SEA) all support the plans saying “Gwynt y Môr should be built as it will generate a tenth of Wales’ electricity consumption and prevent the emission of two million tonnes of carbon dioxide each year”.

The short sighted Muppets have 3 months to prepare a case for submission for judicial review. When their objections are laughed out of court (if it even gets that far) Npower say “Subject to positive planning decisions for the onshore works, and all relevant RWE approvals, onshore works could commence in the latter half of 2009 and offshore works could begin in 2011”.

fullycoded
    Participant

Absolutely effingreps, I couldn’t agree more. This short sighted cretins want to "save our scenery", whilst totally ignoring the big issue of "save our planet".
    I work in this area and the newly proposed site is desperately needed, and some.
    We cannot be held to ransom in this country for power from those that have it, we need to produce our own, wind or wave is an excellent resource that needs harnessing .
    UK is leading the world now in wind farm technology and rightly so. If we surround the British Isles with wind farms we’ll be totally self sufficient as we should be.

steele
    Participant

Thanks for the replies chaps. I’ve not worked within the ROV industry before Im just a rigger with my offshore certificates and was maybe trying to find a possition as a rigger . Any suggestions I do have my offshore medical and survival tickets. Many thanks steele

K2
    Participant
    steele
    Participant

steele

http://www.seatechs.com/recruitment.asp

Hi thanks K2 yes I’ve been in touch with seatechs with no luck at the moment I phone them every now and again allong with seateam .Thanks mate steele.

rovnumpty
    Participant

Steele

Try Team recruitment in Aberdeen. Lots of Companies use their riggers.

best of luck

K2
    Participant
    steele
    Participant

Hi K2, again, I have contacted both mentioned I still do try and keep in contact but I feel sometimes that if I call too often I feel that I may piss them off ,so I usualy call them about once a month , cheers again my mate I really appreciate all this info . Thanks steele

K2
    Participant

steele

Reckon you should be calling them daily unless they say ‘we’ve nothing for a week’ then call them in five days. I’m regularly in touch with a number of agencies even though I use one main player. It gives me an opportunity to keep track of what’s available and also helps them know when I’m good to go. Whether I’m offshore or on leave I keep on the ball and like to line up my next trip as far ahead as pos. I never agree to anything until the usual last minute just in case a better offer comes along. I think communication is the key in securing work. I appreciate your thinking about badgering them but I doubt they’d see it that way becasue as soon as they place you offshore you are earning money for them. Things are a little slow at the moment so I guess agencies are looking after their core guys. You could try companies direct, CTC use a lot of riggers, most agency but you never know. Anyways, good luck, I’m sure something will come along.

K2

star
    Participant

bad idea!

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Hi..
    i am planning setting up wind farms near the area i live and propose it to the local area as a better power source than what the local power company is providing.. where would i start ??

Aww dude, I don’t even live in the UK and I know where to start… There’s a couple of ROV guys ( in the UK) doing just that – selling squigglies to the grid of their choice… all I can say is Google it…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar