Home Forums General General Board ROV Competeance Scheme expiry periods

ROV Competeance Scheme expiry periods

Home Forums General General Board ROV Competeance Scheme expiry periods

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    deepseacon
    Participant

I am looking for where IMCA states the expiry of Certificates for personnel interested in ROV Positions.

IE the usual guidance IMCA give regarding how long a particular competence for a grade can be given? Subject to them being graded at that Position.

And if anyone has any information about what different providers give on there Certs would be helpful like how years before that grade expires on there competence Cert.

K2
    Participant

All mine have had 3yr validity.

See this:

http://www.rovworld.com/ftopict-128.html

Controversial subject. Only know a few companies such as Shell & Exxon who actually check certs. Most seem happy with your reputation, referrences, CV or just to get a body on a job regardless.

Stay safe
    😉

Ray Shields
    Participant

IMCA does not state any expiry as far as I aware.

As with everything else IMCA, it is up to employers/companies as to what they are willing to accept. IMCA is not law, it it s a trade organisation that has set up a defined set of standards. Companies can choose to follow them, or ignore them, it is completely up to them.

Training schools may decide to issue a certificate which runs out after 1 year, 5 years or never. The certificate is as "valid" now as it will be in 100 years time.

It is up to the companies what they wish to accept.

e.g. they will expire if the company decides they wont accept them after a certain time.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

A bit like riding a bike to be honest ……….. The only one I feel should be recertified is a High voltage course every 5 years.
    The Competancy schemes for Pilot grading should be just that ……… Once you receive your grading it’s up to you to achieve the next level in your own time or the work circumstances on par with the experience / hours.
    An expiry date on a Cert is just a F##king money grabbing exercise ………… By Failed Useless pilots trying to still earn a living off the backs of others sitting in their Orifice on land !

Richard Browne
    Participant

Lostboy I couldnt agree with you more on this…and what happens to the guys who have been sat on the beach for the last 6 months and their competency expires during that time and they no longer have a cert..because not ofshore to re-new it..and can no longer get work in the future because their cert has expired..

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

A bit like riding a bike to be honest ……….. The only one I feel should be recertified is a High voltage course every 5 years.
    The Competancy schemes for Pilot grading should be just that ……… Once you receive your grading it’s up to you to achieve the next level in your own time or the work circumstances on par with the experience / hours.
    An expiry date on a Cert is just a F##king money grabbing exercise ………… By Failed Useless pilots trying to still earn a living off the backs of others sitting in their Orifice on land !

I’M BACK!!!! All may cringe now….. Well received dude and mirrors my sentiments. Effin money grabbin’ schemes…. Honest assessments of offshore personnel are needed especially now during skint times (and keeping same dayrates….). Let the weeding begin!!!!

sedco
    Participant

3 years, 2 months and 23 days.

Has the gag been removed? 😀

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

3 years, 2 months and 23 days.

Has the gag been removed? 😀

😉 😆

liddelljohn
    Participant

how was it Scott in the thai jail,, all those ladyboys ,,,

welcome back mate

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

how was it Scott in the thai jail,, all those ladyboys ,,,

welcome back mate

lol 😆 😆 😉 and now……. to get in trouble again!!!! Hope everyone is doing okay and ready for a slowish period….

liddelljohn
    Participant

I have to ask why come back from your paradise when its the quietest period in years ???….

Roy Simson
    Participant

Some months ago we were having a debate on " ROV Competeance Scheme expiry periods "

So I thought you would like to see what MTCS states on there web site .
    It would seem that if you were assessed by them you need to be re-assessed
    every 3 years .

http://www.mtcs.info/competence/certificate-renewal/

If you need to be assessed go to your past or current employer who is a IMCA member and they will do it for free I have checked with other schools and IMCA you only need to be re-assessed if you want to change grade from a P/T to a Supervisor or Supervisor to Superintendent .

But it is just a one off however if MTCS had there way it would be mandatory Just think of the money it would bring in every 3 years at £300 a go !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar