Home Forums ROV Self/Home Build ROV Discussions ROV Hull Inspector 2.0

ROV Hull Inspector 2.0

Home Forums ROV Self/Home Build ROV Discussions ROV Hull Inspector 2.0

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    germanconway88
    Participant

Hi Im a highschool student interested in a career in marine engineering and naval architecture.

I have a question for my senior project.

Would you buy an ROV that could magnetically attach to a Steel ship using Powerful sheilded Electromagnets. i.e commercial fishing vessel? The ROV would be used to visually inspect the ship for damage or forign objects (bombs, illegal drugs). The ROV could be deployed off the side of the ship and recovered by pulling it up by the tether. The ROV would cost about $200.00 and would be very easy to operate and maintain.

This ROV will only be a prototype there are problems I know with the design. All im asking is if I fixed all the bugs would you buy this product? I just need a survey for my senior project
    Any comments will help me.

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

Would you buy an ROV that could magnetically attach to a Steel ship i.e commercial fishing vessel? The ROV would be used to visually inspect the ship for damage or forign objects (bombs, illegal drugs). The ROV would cost about $200.00 and would be very easy to operate and maintain.

Any comments will help me.

Hi,

What kind of magnetic force would you be using? How would you deploy/recover the ROV? How would the vehicle move? Would cameras/lights be used…with any kind of recording method for the images captured?

And you want to do that for $200.00 sounds like you would be running at a loss… or you would produce a very low quality ROV.

Hope this gets the grey cells working 🙂

blackwings
    Participant

hey look at what you said… look at it… he told you the magnets and everything look how dumb you are why not go and choak on a donut your dumb…. YES! id buy one

sedco
    Participant

What a wonderful first post from Blackwings.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

hey look at what you said… look at it… he told you the magnets and everything look how dumb you are why not go and choak on a donut your dumb…. YES! id buy one

I’m well impressed too! 😀 An amazing grasp of the English language!
    We are obviously getting a better class of person on the Forum these days 🙂

Jon Fritsch
    Participant

You can use a marine magnet. They hold about 70 lbs. and cost about $40.

DANFROV
    Keymaster
    Craig Thorngren
    Participant

GC88,

I had to say no for the simple reason that if your searching a ship hull for Underwater Hazardous Devicies (i.e. limpet mines or IED’s) you want as small of a magnetic signature as you can get so that you don’t trigger them.

Chief

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar