Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion ROV industry in 2018

ROV industry in 2018

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion ROV industry in 2018

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alexander
    Participant

Hello all!

I’m new here! I’m looking to try to enter the ROV industry in about 2 years or so upon leaving the military. I’m currently serving as a Royal Navy aircraft engineer (avionics) supervisor and will have accumulated 6 years of experience on the tools (both ashore and embarked) by the time I’m looking to rejoin civvy street. I also have a strong preference working overseas and really would love to work/live anywhere in the world.. especially the Far East and Australasia!

My question is simple really: What does the outlook look like in the ROV world? I’ve heard there has a been a massive downturn and people are struggling to find work. I’ve also heard that new, entry level technicians trying to get into the industry is near impossible. I’ve also heard that the ROV Pilot Technicians introductions courses (Underwater Center, Fugro etc) are extortionately priced and not really worth it. I’ve also heard, however, that things are starting to recover.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? A career worth pursuing?

Roy Simson
    Participant

Hi Alex

All the questions you have asked have been all been covered many times before please go to ROV Rookie Corner .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar