Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion ROV job – USA

ROV job – USA

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion ROV job – USA

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Theodore Ventsias
    Participant

This visa issue has been going on for years. The companies don’t want to pay for them and always find a way around them until they get caught. EQ is easy to get into you just have to have a lot of cash on you every one there is on the take. As far as us clueless yanks it not that we are clueless is that we can’t understand you r rolling UK guys or the Assuies or the kwi too. That and SS7 and most of the others have no training program they send these poor rookies to RGIT then right offshore not knowing how to turn the dam ROV on. It is a wonder we have not killed someone by now.

Toon
    Participant

Ummm…

What about us poor oke’s in Africa….

For f*#%’s sakes… spare us a buck whilst you move around would ya…

Sheeesh….

iROV
    Participant

USA and China are EG’s most important customers! This will make visa requirements for nationals from these countries easier.

Toon
    Participant

Yeah…. but that’s hardly the point

That is good because they are kicking all the UK guys out of the GOM no not us guys on us flaged vessles because of the Jones act. So move us back over here and let the UK guys have Africa.

Africa’s turn is comming…. and all countries have been taking her for a ride for too long… I just hope I live to see the day that Africans benefit somehow… not this bullshit about AID and 3rd world relief kak…

How’s that for some politics… from a White Guy

As a matter of interest… do any of you overseas guys wanting a visa have to produce a police clearance certificate like we do as South Africans….?

Probably don’t… but I’m actually quite interested to know if you do…. That would be like you boys overseas having to apply to work in your own back yard…..

gr8
    Participant

As a matter of interest… do any of you overseas guys wanting a visa have to produce a police clearance certificate like we do as South Africans….?

Yes, to get a visa for Angola or Congo, the police clearance cert. is required.

ROVRatt
    Participant

Toon:

Everybody has to produce a police clearance to get a work visa. If its Angola you’re speaking about you have to produce a new original police clearance yearly.

An interesting development came out of the African Union meeting not so long ago. The development of an African Common Market was decided upon and one of the spin-offs is, that sometime in the future, visas for Africans to work in other African countries will be scrapped. Guess who the ROV companies will be employing to work in Africa?

iROV
    Participant

Africa’s turn is comming…. and all countries have been taking her for a ride for too long… I just hope I live to see the day that Africans benefit somehow… not this bullshit about AID and 3rd world relief kak…

How’s that for some politics… from a White Guy

It’s more a Flintstones versus Jetsons story!!!

JOHANNESBURG — The presidential election in Equatorial Guinea will undoubtedly extend the 30-year rule of Teodoro Obiang Nguema, a man accused of draining his nation’s oil wealth to fabulously enrich family and cronies while his people suffer in slums.

Equatorial Guinea is consistently ranked near the top of the list of the most corrupt countries on the world’s most corrupt continent.

Toon
    Participant

Yup….

Besides the politics I think the point I was trying to make is that there is still a lot of work scope in Africa: Shell recently securing the exploration rights off SA’s West coast, also (not Shell) the whole of Africas West coast still has a lot to offer and Africas East coast is totally unexploited….

Shows you what an optimist I am…. Africa is slowly comming right… her time is still comming

Anonymous

the whole of Africas West coast still has a lot to offer and Africas East coast is totally unexploited….

Hi
    No its not, been there a few years ago

James McLauchlan
    Participant

the whole of Africas West coast still has a lot to offer and Africas East coast is totally unexploited….

Hi
    No its not, been there a few years ago

How about…. ‘largely‘ unexploited?

You don’t hear much at all about the East coast on the O & G front.

luckyjim37
    Participant

They have loads of oil on the east coast. The Somalians especially and they even manage to produce it pre-loaded onto ships.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

They have loads of oil on the east coast. The Somalians especially and they even manage to produce it pre-loaded onto ships.

😆 😆 😆 Bril!

Toon
    Participant

Glad you guy’s took the bait…. still think Africa is going to come out tops… would rather take it easy in Mombasa that do R&R in Scotland…. 5 deg North or South of the equator is good… but, hey… that’s my opinion…

Toon
    Participant

Roger that….

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Post in English boys as per the forum rules…..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar